Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Create and Participate in Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

cleaning marble and granite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who all clean natural stone?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [50.00%]
1 [16.67%]
1 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2008 at 9:23am
AW $HIT!!!! I just looked at the dates for that contest you have with the b4 and after pics and this job isn't booked until the 12th. Past the due dateDead
FiguresUnhappy
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
Sponsored Links

joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2008 at 10:01am
Do you not have pass work that you can submit?
A lot of the guys just go out back and work on some sample granite and take some nice images and call it a day.
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2008 at 12:07pm
Ya I could do that one day this week. Thanks Joh. I didn't know if that would qualify or if it had to be actual jobs.

Have a good one. Mark

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2008 at 12:19pm
It just has to display your ability to make a repair.
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2008 at 1:25pm
Problem is Jos, if I do too good of a job, then I really don't need the course. right???Embarrassed

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2008 at 1:55pm
nope, we pick the best to take the free pass. We know for a fact no matter how good you are, we can improve your skill.
As far as I know, we are the only group that has the conference to offer a free pass to people that is already in the trade. It is very easy to impress a new comer, but when you get another pro to improve his/her skills. That is the mark of a real instructor.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2008 at 1:09pm
This course sounds like the cat's A$$! Like I mentioned before, I help a buddy in a fab shop and now I'm getting more & more calls for polishing. Counters and floors.
 The thing is, my main thing has been mostly cutting slabs and installs. Not much polishing and seam work. In the pics of the green counter posted in an earlier post, I knew right away it was one of my buddy's installs because of the way the seam was done. He always just mix the epoxy and adds the colour to it. No polishing or anything afterwards so they all look like this. Wide and dull.
 I like how you mentioned Joh of layering the colours. That is a great idea!!!!!!
Apply the different colours in the seam the same as the marble/granite. Let set up and polish. This will help the seam to blend in more. I guess for that counter I could mix some light and dark greens and layer them or apply light in the light areas and dark in the darer areas.
 How long before polishing the seam?
 I'm gonna practise this technique in the shop this week. (Can't tomorrow. My Granddaughter is being born)Clap
 It will most likely be with granite as we don't do hardly any marble any more as granite is the main choice.

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2008 at 1:33pm
I like to play collect the dots, place the light in the light areas and the dark in the dark areas. for the top that you posted, I would mix around six shades of green and a shadow grey for the last step. It takes me 1 hour to set and polish a seam, but I can do it with out diamonds. If you wish I can make a short video that shows you how to do this in very little time.

Congrats on the new born.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2008 at 1:38pm
Now that would be awesome Jos for a vid.
What's the limit for pics to send in? 1?

Thanks Bro. Mark

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2008 at 1:58pm
3 for the same project, before, mid, end.

If I can fine some green marble i will shoot this one for you. I think the other guys may enjoy it as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2008 at 2:01pm
Right onThumbs%20Up I have pure tin oxide. Would this be okay to use on that counter??
Thanks for taking the time for all these PITA questions but I just don't want to end up buying this counter.Money%20Smile

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2008 at 2:48pm
no need for the tin oxide, if needed just go up in the diamonds to get a better polish. This is a very easy job. the only way you can mess this up, is if you are careless and leave waves in the stone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2008 at 2:59pm
I was hoping to stay away from the powders if possible. I figure I'd start with 100 and go up to 3000. Should I try to get all the scratch (knife cuts) out with the 100 before proceeding with the next grit?

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2008 at 3:45pm
You must remove all the knife marks before you start to hone are polish.
I would start off at the 50 just to speed it up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>