Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Create and Participate in Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

cleaning marble and granite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who all clean natural stone?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [50.00%]
1 [16.67%]
1 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 1:43pm
Grinding:
Is the second stage in securing a flawless surface. This stage will remove all scratches from any delipped surface. 28x13= $364

Honing:
 Is the third and sometimes the last stage. At the honed stage, the surface is 65% scratch free. The surface will have a slight reflection and appear clean and aged. 28x10=$280

Polishing:
 Is the final stage which leaves the surface with reflective characteristics. 28x8 = $224

Impregnators:
 Commonly known as sealers. This is the first stage in preserving your investment (should occur every six to eight months). 28x5 = $140

Decorative seam:
a clever way to disguise a crack, chip, hole or seam. 1x470 = $470

Total: $1478
Time: One man day.
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Sponsored Links

Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 1:57pm
Thankyou Jos. That's right around the ballpark I was thinking as well. There are actually 2 seams in this mess. Both are right where the sink is.Argue Thus one seam has a bad lippage almost the hieght of a quarter. If it was on the floor I'd call it trippageGeek Now I know the person who installed it and I can't believe he did it this way.  (I've never helped him install marble tho, only granite)
 Do you think I could get away with using a DS-301 on this counter? I just love this thing and figure I could just feather in the edges as I go up in grits.
 Thanks for all your help Jo as I really appreciate it coming from you.
 Have a good one. Mark

P.S. I'm still hoping to be able to make it down there to take one of your courses.
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 3:02pm
This toy is a joke.
It will hurt you when it comes time to work close to the back splash and around the faucets, the amount of over spay will cause you to tape up most of the work area,  3 pads per step, and when it comes time for polishing you will use more compound than you need.

For the cost of this one tool, you could have taken a class plus get all the tools that you need to do this type of job.

quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 3:27pm
I've used the DS on a couple of floors and it worked out great for that. Honed a slab for a buddy with it also and it worked for that as well. I bought mine as a guy was selling it and he only used it once plus got all the pads with it. $1,200.
 I do have to pick up other grinders tho. I have access to tons of 3" pads.
I'll have to check your site and see when you are offering top polishing classes. Something near the end of summer.
Thanks again Jos.

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 3:45pm
$1,200 for the tool plus pads is not a bad deal.
as far as the stone class you can view the information here
I hope I do not get ban for that link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 4:35pm
Are there tools included in your price of the course as well?

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 7:16pm
yep, every thing that you use in the class is yours to take home in you neat little tool kit. All the colors, glues, pads, backers, machines, razors, sealers, and books.
When you done with this class you no reason to buy any more tools for like a year.

joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 8:54pm
Mark, if you want to come to the class, you may be able to win the free pass.

This is a simple contest that is going to last two week starting on the 6/24/08 all you have to do is post your best before and after images with a short promo. The winner of this contest will have his/her work displayed on the front page of this site with full credit. You can also take full advantage of this by adding you url to your profile. If you do not have a website or you are not too happy with the one you have now, we will also be more than happy to make or re-do a site for you.
Other prizes
1 Free pass to the upcoming hands on restoration class in CT.

1 Lustro Italiano countertop clean and polish kit

Tenax UNIBLACK 1/2

Bonstone Last patch

All prizes will be delivered at the class.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2008 at 9:42am
Nice!!!! Sorry I just realized I hacked your thread on the polls.Confused
Guess I better get at that green counter then for some pics. That's a great oppurtunity.

Have a good one. Mark

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2008 at 10:45am
Mark, it looks like only you and I are on this forum.
as for the poll, I do not think anyone care to take the poll.
I enjoyed our little conversation. If you have any questions please fell free to post them right here on this poll. this way I do not have to go looking for it. lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2008 at 11:59am
Cool. There's not many peeps in my area or in Ontario Canada for that matter who actually do restoration of natural stone. Sure there's plenty of fabricators out there but when it comes to when a custy calls looking for someone to come in the home and do a "proper" restoration, they are few and far between.
 Like I stated in a earlier post, I help a buddy in his fab shop quite a bit but I really want to be able to "hone" (no pun inteneded LOL) my polishing skills and my seams. I know the installs that we've done, the seams look horrible.
 My main business is tile and grout cleaning/restoration, regrouts ect. but while in the homes, there is usually marble, granite, travertine, etc. and I feel that I'm leaving money on the table/floor.
 Sure I could practice in the fab shop with polishing but my buddy is so old school that there's not a whole lot that I can learn/benefit from it. He's a great fab guy but when it comes to polishing, he's not up on the latest products nor procedures out there. This is where I feel a course such as your would benefit me, and the custy, the most. After all, I don't want to go in to a custy's home and end up buying thier $6,000 counter/floor. LOL

Have a good one. Mark

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2008 at 2:51pm
If you are in that house you better get that money.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2008 at 12:34pm
Well, I'm gonna call the custy in the morning and let her know it's gonna ba a $1,400 touch. I sure hope I can get those knife marks out without compramising the flatness of the counterConfused

www.mcmastertile.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2008 at 9:08am
Custy phoned last night inquiring about the job. Told her the quote and she phoned this morning (6:00a.m.Confused) and booked it. She also wants a quote on the entrance. It's dark green marble tiles and they don't look scratched but just dull where the mat is. Could use re-grouting as well. I'll have to go back and measure that as well.
 Booked for July 12th. Better go and order my 5X

www.mcmastertile.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>