Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

WEBSITES How are they done?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WEBSITES How are they done?
    Posted: 21/April/2008 at 10:05pm
Hello, hope you are all well. I am going to build a website soon and I am asking for some insight. I am not that computer savy so I need as much insight as possible. Where do you start? Where do you buy a domain? What did you you use to do it yourself, or is it best to let someone to do it for you. Keep in mind I am a one man show "self employed".I know there are pros and cons.Any pitfalls I should look out for? How do you create links? What is a hyperlink? Any answers to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated. What works best for you? Thanks and I hope you make alot of moneyWink
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2008 at 10:09pm
Get a price from someone who does it for a living. You could try........ www.andrechelle.com. She has built a few carpet cleaning websitesBig%20smile

The STD Meter
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2008 at 2:20am
Yahoo business has a special -- 3mo. for $7.77mo.

Edited by John L - 25/April/2008 at 2:21am
GreenClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2008 at 1:51pm
One suggestion is to go to:  www.rentacoder.com

There you can register and then put in a bid request to have a website created.   Programmers from all over the world will bid for the job and you can tap into low-cost programmers from India and elsewhere.  The quality of the work is very high and rentacoder escrows the payment, which provides some security as the funds are not released until you are satisfied.

I had my website created this way by a programming house in India and I paid just $175 for everything; about 1/10th of what someone in the U.S. would have charged me.  www.GreenCleanHealthy.com 

www.GoDaddy.com is an inexpensive web hosting site where you can register the domain name and get everything up and running.  The programmer could even take care of this part for you if you put it in the bid request.

Good luck...let me know if it works out!
Mick Oz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2008 at 5:39pm
Would it not have been have been better to take the cheapest Local price rather than the cheapest overseas price? (India)
At least that way you would have been keeping some money local to spend on Local things like carpet cleaning for instance. Every little bit helps.

Mick

Edited by Mick Oz - 01/June/2008 at 5:44pm
CCandmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCandmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2008 at 7:00pm
 Check out www.godaddy.com
TMF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2008 at 11:19pm
No, stay away from GoDaddy, i personally own 7 websites. If you want excellent hosting check out hostgator.com they are cheap in price all boxes are linux..if you choose the baby setup you can host more than 1 site on the same box for no charge! and unlimited emails! 24/7 support. I have switched between a few companies and hostgator is the best!
http://www.truckmountforums.com
Aneeta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2008 at 7:10am
A website is very important for your business. Having website you can easily market your products and services to the world. There are lots of Web site designing companies providing good service for you.

A hyper link is a navigation element which refer to another section of a website. Hyper link consists of hyper text and a link which refers another page. Hyper links will help your site visitors to navigate through your web pages easily.

Carpet cleaning services - http://www.tempestrestoration.co.uk
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2008 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Get a price from someone who does it for a living. You could try........ www.andrechelle.com. She has built a few carpet cleaning websitesBig%20smile

cmaster is right, not only does she design, she hosts.  Go beat that!

Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Refined View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2008 at 8:54pm
Dont buy a domain, let the designer set it all up. That way you dont have to wait for transfer time to get the domain where they need it (thus no down time).

If you dont build websites, dont try it on a business one first. I have been building them for over 10 years, and am thinking of paying to have one built, better than my current one.
-Refined Carpet Cleaning
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2008 at 9:11pm
Geek

Edited by John L - 21/October/2009 at 9:56pm
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2008 at 10:53am
Quote Dont buy a domain, let the designer set it all up. That way you dont have to wait for transfer time to get the domain where they need it (thus no down time).
If you let someone else do the work tell them to register the domain in your name! Otherwise you will always depend on the person that registered the domain!
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2009 at 2:06pm
Keith33
I use microsoft offlive live...
its 15 a year, free for the first.
offers great reports, and is as easy to set up as a word doc.
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
shaoqingan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaoqingan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 3:34am
You can do it by yourself!
I have owned my web www.havehouse.com for 5 years. The hosting companies which store your web pages, are different. I tried godaddy at the beginning, then I switched to www.ipowerweb.com
According to my experience, the prices of hosting are now very affordable, but the technical support is very important. The real person service, short phone line waiting  and common simple explations are more important than price.
I used microsoft frontpage for 4 years, but now microsoft stopped frontpage development and published new software called expression web. So  I used the expression web for a year. But now I just use the filling blanks kind of template provided by the web hosting comany and did much better job than the one designed by the microsoft frontpage or expression web. It is easy and time saving. I think you can design your own web page if you know how to read English.
Designing your own web page can save your money, this is the first advantage; The second advantage is: web designing is not a one week job,  it need a lot of maintaining and instant reply. There is no doubt you are the best and most of the time the only to do this.
The third advantage is: Your web designer may not understand your business and you, but there is no such a problem if you are your own web master.
Andy
Dallas HaveHouse Carpet Cleaning
www.havehouse.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>