Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

WEBSITES How are they done?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 4:24am
Andy, dead on truth.  Great way of saying it all.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Sponsored Links

Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 10:11am
I had a nice site built but I had to go through them for too many things (changes). I dumped them and went with yahoo and never looked back.

It is pretty simple and they have many templates and great directions.

My site is on page one for many of my keywords now

I was also getting raped for $34 a month hosting, Yahoo is dirt cheap.
Refined View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 1:22pm
Can you guys link your sites in your posts? Id like to see how you did them. I use hostmonster.com for hosting and Dreamweaver CS3 for design, but I would like to see what you guys use and how well it turned out for you.

Mine still needs tons of work... www.refinedcarpetcleaning.com
-Refined Carpet Cleaning
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Onslaught Onslaught wrote:

Most hosting companies are going for less than $5 per month.  Try sites like b2evolution.net by doing a google and you will see the price war being waged.  In the early days of hosting you would pay $149/month for 5 Megs of space. 

If however your site was hosted and maintained by a designer, you were getting a great value.  My wife gets $150/month as a retainer then charges for anything more than X minutes of actual work.

Edited by duckcountry - 01/March/2009 at 4:09pm
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Refined Refined wrote:

The server hostmonster put you on had some load issues when I tried to view the home page.  That or visitor-tracker.com is at a crawl today and the page won't load until that outside page finishes doing its thing.  Do some testing by making a copy of your main page removing all reference to visitor-tracker and loading the copy.  Your site uses CPanel with a nice skin I might add.  Look at the LOGS section.  Both Webalizer and AWStats are doing what you need done so I would remove visitor-tracker all together and learn to use those two you already have.

You may want to go thru the stylesheet page.  Maybe you could cut down on the font sizes a bit in both the Navigation section and body, just a thought.  Basically 14, 16 and 18 px are too large for most sights. 

Nice clean layout FYI.  Like your use of the Cimex as a bullet point graphic.

That's my opinion not that it means much.

Edited by duckcountry - 01/March/2009 at 4:05pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2009 at 6:09pm

Edited by John L - 21/October/2009 at 9:55pm
Onslaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2009 at 8:19am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Originally posted by Onslaught Onslaught wrote:

Most hosting companies are going for less than $5 per month.  Try sites like b2evolution.net by doing a google and you will see the price war being waged.  In the early days of hosting you would pay $149/month for 5 Megs of space. 

If however your site was hosted and maintained by a designer, you were getting a great value.  My wife gets $150/month as a retainer then charges for anything more than X minutes of actual work.

Well actually I felt the value was not great, hence that is why I am with Yahoo. The actual amount of work is not that bad if there is good site building software.

Adding basic HTML and scripts is usually a snap. I am very satisfied at the moment.
Refined View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2009 at 8:44am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Originally posted by Refined Refined wrote:

The server hostmonster put you on had some load issues when I tried to view the home page.  That or visitor-tracker.com is at a crawl today and the page won't load until that outside page finishes doing its thing.  Do some testing by making a copy of your main page removing all reference to visitor-tracker and loading the copy.  Your site uses CPanel with a nice skin I might add.  Look at the LOGS section.  Both Webalizer and AWStats are doing what you need done so I would remove visitor-tracker all together and learn to use those two you already have.

You may want to go thru the stylesheet page.  Maybe you could cut down on the font sizes a bit in both the Navigation section and body, just a thought.  Basically 14, 16 and 18 px are too large for most sights. 

Nice clean layout FYI.  Like your use of the Cimex as a bullet point graphic.

That's my opinion not that it means much.

Yeah the font sizes are larger, but i did that on purpose after I got complaints.

I will look into that visitor tracker, i thought I had taken it out, but i guess not, thanks.

Not a bad job I guess for my first from scratch using CSS.

-Refined Carpet Cleaning
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2009 at 1:48pm
very good job IMO
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2009 at 4:46pm
"Keith33.. This might be the best investment to set up correctly..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRLJIbZOWow "

Basic mistakes that still can be found on several websites.
shaoqingan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaoqingan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2009 at 4:00am
Page-Rank increased from 1 to 2
I invest a lot of time on my webs to increase the page-Rank in the past 5 months. Now the page-rank is 2 now. The search result of my www.havehouse.com jumped from page 4 or 5 to the middle of page 2 on google. But the result on yahoo first jumped from page 4 to page 2, then back to page 4 again. I really don't know why.
By Andy, Dallas HaveHouse Carpet Cleaning, www.havehouse.com
Andy
Dallas HaveHouse Carpet Cleaning
www.havehouse.com
aqualux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2009 at 3:21am
I would recommend finding a designer!  Having a good website and then marketing it go hand in hand... poorly coded websites could lose you money, i know from experience.. which is why i looked for a designer and I was actually fortunate to find an affordable designer, locally. 

I spent about $300 bucks for the design and marketing, we've also have a business relationship (so it was at a discounted rate).  I have no clue about web design at all... so he updates the site and does the marketing for me (he has taught me a lot). 

He has gotten my page rank from 0 to 2 within 2 months!  www.aqualuxcarpetcleaning.com Hopefully by next month it will be higher.
Aqualux Carpet Cleaning in Dallas Texas
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2009 at 1:18am
Nice clean looking site aqualux. Big smile
Whats that cost you? Big smile
kostajm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kostajm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2010 at 12:59pm
I followed the advice of GreenClean and hired web a developer through www.rentacoder.com
and never feel sorry about it. Hired a coder from India for $150.00, he built a site in a few days, registered domain @ names.com for about $9.00, hosting company is HostGator for under $10.00 monthly with $50.00 credit on Google Adwords, He  still keeps working on the site, makes improvements and seo. In ten days after he published a site Google accepted it and site began to show up on Google search. Signed up to Google Adwords-on the second day I could see it on the first page as Adwords ad and in our area I have a whole bunch of monsters-competitors! That means that from Google's point of view everything was done correctly. Also I have coder's word that he will support me for a year.
This 22-year old guy definitely knows what's he doing. You can see it http://www.kandicarpetcleaningcalgary.com
It's not a promotion, just see what he did and if interested, pm me I can send his email address.
Thanks and best regards,
http://kjcarpetcleaning.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>