Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

I think I've decided on a tm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think I've decided on a tm.
    Posted: 23/February/2008 at 8:52pm

Hey all,

Thanks again for all the help on the truckmounts. I think my partner have decided on an El Diablo unit. 24 hp. Runs 2 wands. Brand New.

I'm really excited to get that puppy in the van and start cleaning some carpets!! It looks like they are going to get me the entire unit installed, tapped into the gas tank on the diesel van we gave, with 250' of hose, a used reel, and a starter kit of chemicals for about 17k.

The only other thing I am considering is a used El Diablo unit. It's 20 hp, and can only run 1 wand. They want about 14k for that with all the extras I mentioined above. It has about 1000 hours on it. Been used at trade shows and such.

I'm thinking the new one is the way to go. Sound like a fair deal to you gus? Or can I get it cheaper?

Thanks again for all the help. I'm glad I found the forum!!

Mike
Sponsored Links

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2008 at 1:16pm
If your spending 17k and they give you a used reel, smack them in the face, not that a new one is diferent from a used one, but its the principal, your buying new, you deserve it.  Also make sure they warranty it for parts and labor. Offer 10,000 on the used diablo if they bite, go for it.  Those diablos dont break down very often.  I never hear anything bad about them.  Good Luck

Edited by FuzzSucker - 07/January/2009 at 12:06am
ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2008 at 4:01pm
reduce your 250 foot hose to 150 to raise your cfm's(suction).  Add hose if you have to for a longer job.  get a whip hose to ease your pain.  get a glide for that wand. 
I can remove more spots than you can.
cleanerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 10:49am
Thanks a million for the tips guys.

If I lower it to 150 ft. on the hose. Can I easily add the extra hose lengths myself if it is needed?

I will offer the 10k on the used unit, see where it goes.

I will buy a glide. I'm somewhat confused as to what they do. I'm assuming they "glide" along the carpets easier than without one?

Thanks again for all the help. If you think of anything else that may come up that I could easily miss, being a beginner, please feel free to mention them!

Thanks!

Mike
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 1:09pm

That is too high a price 17k for a 24hp TM.. Especially air-cooled.. They all have there moments.. Someones El broke down on the ICS bb.. Look around you can find it cheaper.. Two fuels to use it.. Gas and propane..

Hook up hose for just what length you need.. Don't have all 250ft connected like Chemfried said..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 7:09pm
Imagine you are receiving oral sex.  You achieve a point where she sucks hard and not much happens. She has  a lot of lift but not much suction.  If she opens her mouth just slightly (The Glide) and air flow restarts, then she has  increased the CFMs. Her suction will increase major by just allowing a bit of air to pass by your wand.  Thus everyone is happy and the cfms are cruising at a velocity we all like.  Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 7:14pm
Throw 50 -100 in the back of your van as extra if you need it.  In the mean time dont waste 100 feet of ununsed hose and suction on your reel.  Add 50 or more feet if you need it......Major increase in CFMs//////
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 7:15pm
Yeah Baby! Big%20smile
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 7:38pm
Didn't you say you wanted to limit your investment in the 6k range? 17k sure is a big jump from 6k..............Ahhhh!!

You might want to look for liquid-cooled and HX'ers so you don't run 2 fuels.. Thats a higher operating cost..Bang%20Head
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 7:40pm
Dam Hammy you have almost 10,000 post in about 1.5yrs.. You spend alot of time here..Ahhhh!!
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 8:47pm
Yeah think! LOL
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 9:47pm
Eating%20Snacks
B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2008 at 12:03am
Not directed at cleanerg, but how do new business afford a tm?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2008 at 1:37am
FinancingThumbs%20Up

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>