Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Will this truckmount work for me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will this truckmount work for me?
    Posted: 19/February/2008 at 5:39pm
Hey there!

I'm a newbie here so let me thank everyone in advance for the advise. I'm adding carpet cleaning to my current service industry business. The client base will fit hand in hand, so I'm excited about the potential for growth!

I'm looking at buying a Prochem Legend - 4522 hours - 80 g. Waste Tank - 35 g. Fresh Tank - chemical storage rack - carpet wand - vacuum hose reel w/100' of vac. hose and solution hose reel w/100' of solution hose. They want $3999, is that reasonable. And will this be able to do good work for me for at least a year of pretty heavy use?

The plan is to learn this unit myself, then train a tech to take over the van. I know that sounds far more simple than it will actually be, but I know we can get the work to make iot worth the hassle.

I'm a newbie to carpet cleaning. I'm looking around all the forums, but other than that, if anyone has any words of wisdom for me .... I'm all ears and very, very appreciative.

Thanks for your help!

Mike
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2008 at 7:48pm
Just use the search on this site. Most of the answers are here.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2008 at 8:43pm

Whats your location.. You might be competition.. Just do what Ken said.. So much info on this site.. Look around..

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:16am
Cmon guys there is too much useless info on the site it will take him years to get any answer.  Ken I'm surprised you can post bullsh*t but when someone ask a question you can't answer it.

Answer:  4500 hours that seems a lot of a legend.. it'll most likely need some engine work if it hasn't had some already, but for 4 grand... it's not bad..just be prepared.  A slide in is a very touchy machine to use, it will be hard to train someone on it so easy.

this machine might give you a year of good solid work...but breakdowns and repairs are just around the corner IMO.  Get it but look for something better if business kicks off for you
baires View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:43am
Hello Mike, for less than $ 7000 you must be prepared to go to the mechanic.... unless you know the seller and he can provide you all the maintenance papers for the truck. In this case my advice is don't go for the price, you pay cheap now and tomorrow a phone call to the customer "sorry we need to make an other appoiment". Good luck in this game. Pablo.-
cleanerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleanerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 9:48am
Thank you very much Steamer. I really appreciate the answer. There is a ton of stuff on here and I've been searching, but like you said it's real time consuming, and I've got a million things to get done in the next 3-4 weeks here.

Any specific brand names I should be looking for as far as used truckmounts go? I would like to limit it to $6k. Is it possible to get a decent truckmount for this price that will hold up to heavy use for at least a year?

I've got an investor who's got the cash to do some serious marketing. We are hiring an outside sales crew for commercial accounts too. I expect this machine to be used very heavily, and it will be the main machine. So I need for it to be reliable. I would expect it will be running two shifts a day by May-June. Day for res. night for commercial.

If it only runs for a year ... I'm o.k. with that. Even 6 months would be o.k. but I need something reliable. What should I expect to be spending on a used machine that could take that much use? Do I need to go new? If I do that can likely be arranged, but I need to spend as little of my investors money as possible.

Again, any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I will use the search tool as well, but it's pretty tough to find the exact info I need.

If I need a new one, what's the best brand to get and how much caqn I expect it to cost me?

If anyone has a used unit for sale (without the vehicle only) let me know ... I may be interested, even if it needs to be shipped.

Thanks a million guys. I have a lot of marketing expericence. I also have plenty of experience buying and selling businesses .... so I'm happy to help with anything I can in that area!!

Mike
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 1:51pm
That guy lives right down the street from you Mr.Steamer..lol LOL

No name.. No location .. What are you afraid of..? Ahhhh!!

You might want to consider backup also.. Like a porty or 175 rotary on board.. You never know when they won't start.....Ahhhh!!
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 2:20pm
even thoug he might..doesn't mean I would lead him down the wrong path.

I would say if you know you're going to have good business get a brand new machine...

The engine for a legend only cost 2500..... so that maybe the way to go too..

good luck
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 2:37pm
Of course not.. We are all Brothers right..?  Head%20Crack ..LOL If i was in your shoes I wouldn't buy a TM with that many hrs.. Man you better be good with a wrench.. that is alot of hrs of useage..Big%20smile

Buying new would be the smart way to invest.. Or a used under 1000hrs..
Don't forget ------------------------BACKUP UNIT..Big%20smile
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 3:33pm
$7000 will make alot of payments on a new truckmount. Something to consider??
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
baires View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 4:02pm
Only.....If you have a good line of credit.
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 5:01pm
He has an investor!
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
baires View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 7:25pm
But his investor's budget is limit to 6k.-
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2008 at 7:37pm
6K can get a new Scout.. OH YEAH..!LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>