Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

cfm and water lift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2008 at 9:08pm
My first 3 portables were in series.. The last one was in parallel.. No matter which one you run i would still keep your hose runs as short as possible..

This leaving it in the Van is rediculous.. Unless you have a booster in line..

Longer hose runs means you have to do more dry stokes.. slower dry strokes.. Farther to haul your water and dump it.. This takes up alot of time..

And for crying out loud DON'T leave it in the van when it is very cold out.. You will not like all your window froze up on the inside from the exhaust moisture.. Been there done that..Ahhhh!!

Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2008 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by baires baires wrote:

Ok, now we have a better idea about the cfm and water lift. So the question is what are the numbers that we need, to keep the balance betwen boths if you are planning to run a porty with 75 ft of 1 1/2" recovery hose to have the best performance posibble.

Ideally, you want to increase both waterlift and cfm in that scenerio. However, boosters do one or the other. Your hose diameter is fine, but if you go up to 300 or more cfm, a 2" will start to make a difference, especially over the length closest to the machine.  The rest of the answer depends upon the strength of the vacuums in your extractor.

I also recommend modifying machines so that they can run both series and parallel, as needed.  Series, for example, is a lot more usefull in flood cleanup.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 18/February/2008 at 9:25pm
Johnsmith808 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnsmith808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2008 at 5:10am
All I can talk about is my personal experience.

I have a Diamonback with dual 3 stage-vacs.  The came in a series with a 1.5" port.  I've used this machine like this for 5 years or so. 

After getting advice from Friendly, I decided to switch them over to parallel.  Not only that, I opened up the 1.5" to a full 2", and put a cool cuff male starter cuff in the hole instead of a 2" barb, which actually isn't even 2".  All I can say is that the vacs are screaming now instead of sufficating in each other.  It doesn't even sound like the same machine.  The vac power seems significantly better than before. 

I can switch it back to series pretty easily, but I don't think I ever will.

I though about adding a 3rd 3 stager.  Steambrite sells a vacuum booster than takes the place of your 6" recovery tank lid.  They also sell a dryer plug adapter that will allow you to plug in up to 4-15amp plugs.  I have decided not to do this at the moment, mainly because I intend on pursuing more commercial accounts, which would render that dryer adapter useless.  It may be a good option to have that booster, just in case one of your 3 stagers gives out at a job.

By the way, if you are not running one of your vacs configured in parallel, I think you need to cover the exhaust hole of the vac not in use, otherwise air will be pulling through that vac.

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2008 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Johnsmith808 Johnsmith808 wrote:

All I can say is that the vacs are screaming now instead of sufficating in each other.  It doesn't even sound like the same machine.  The vac power seems significantly better than before.

Yep, that screaming sound indicates that you're actually getting all the waterlift you paid for. The tank is actually empty of air for the first time. Keep experimenting and let me know what you learn.
sfath1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfath1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2012 at 4:47pm
Tongue
sfath1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfath1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2012 at 5:09pm
FriendlyHammer you need to change your name or chill out. This site is ment to be helpful. Saying someone is smoking crack just say your point and prove them wrong.
Please let me see if I am reading your replies correct. Are you saying CFM is more important than Lift? If so 99.99% of the articles I read it states you would want better lift then CFM since lift actually will suck more water out of the carpet where CFM is air flow. There is many store brands that the lift is just as good as the professional truck mounts. Like the Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner, Garnet-F7411900. The link is below.

http://www.best-carpetcleaners.org/hoover-maxextract-dual-v-carpet-cleaner-garnet-f7411900/

CFM is the amount of air being moved, or rather, the amount of "fluid mixture" (in our case, recovered solution and airflow, combined).

Lift is the force available to move it.

It really is very much like a mirror image of pressure and GPM.

Pressure is the force that's moving the fluid, and GPM is the amount being moved.
Again unless I read it wrong lift is more important if you want all the water out off your carpet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12