Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

PORTABLES in the TRUCK sounds great!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2008 at 11:18pm
Ken.. They don't use that much gas.. One good Upsell on some protector and your gas is covered for a week!.. Raise your price a little and your TM gas is covered for the jobs you do.. I've been the porty route for many many years.. Actually longer than you have been in business.. You 9yrs..? right/wrong..? Sure you'll save a little.. But not enough for most of us TM'ers to switch over.. I'll break mine out when the big 2 man jobs are due.. Otherwise gas can be $5gal. It don't matter.. Customer has it covered with protector..lol..
Sponsored Links

watchman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2008 at 12:09am
JohnL .... you miss my point when I say I have the same benifits as a truck mount I'm not talking about having the same power or cfm's or lift as a tm. obviously I don't. but the customer doesn't care and they don't ask. I pull up to the custy's home drag my hose in, start the generator , press the buttons on the extractor. start cleaning. when finished drag hoses out and put away in van pick up my money and off to the next custy . same procedure when I operated a tm. I never over wet carpets and pretreat soiled areas first. I carry lots of water on board and rigged up a 50 gal blue plastic barrel on its side with the dump out valve running into it, never have to dump water until finished last custy. so when I say I run just like a truck mount I'm talking about setup not the power of the machine. I can charge my custy the same as you with a fraction of the investment. custys think I have a tm and I don't tell them any differant 
JUST WATCHING AND LEARNING
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2008 at 1:37am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Ken.. They don't use that much gas.. One good Upsell on some protector and your gas is covered for a week!.. Raise your price a little and your TM gas is covered for the jobs you do.. I've been the porty route for many many years.. Actually longer than you have been in business.. You 9yrs..? right/wrong..? Sure you'll save a little.. But not enough for most of us TM'ers to switch over.. I'll break mine out when the big 2 man jobs are due.. Otherwise gas can be $5gal. It don't matter.. Customer has it covered with protector..lol..

At $1/sqft Ken doesn't have to worry until gas gets up to $15/galWacko

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123