Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

loner needs help from pros

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidsleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: loner needs help from pros
    Posted: 14/December/2007 at 11:17pm
first off, love this forum! i plan on starting out pt with a portable. i have been doing a lot of research but i have a few issues im having a hard time figuring out. first off, i keep hearing of people tripping breakers! is there any device, generator, porty, etc. that will deminish/eliminate this issue? and second, i plan on doing this solo, i know there will be certain pieces of furniture that i will not be able to move on my own, is this going to hurt sales? i mean do any of you guys do this strictly on your own? help me please. thanks a lot guys, im glad to be a part of this place.
-d
Sponsored Links

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 4:48pm
Moving furniture is a snap if you invest $20. for Supergliders at Home Depot. Allows moving china cabinets to be easy.
You can buy devices from electrical shops or Extech where I get mine that allow you to determine whether or not cords are on the same circuit. Costs about $35.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 5:25pm
why would anyone want to move a china cabinet for cleaning?
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 5:29pm
to get themselves in trouble...LOL you still have to lift it to get the sliders under..

How dare you doug question Canada's Top Cleaner
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 5:30pm
that's why he is an instructor??? they soon forget what it is like in the real world
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 5:47pm
I do some moving but nothing like that...couches yes...end tables if the have cleared them off...I tell them to move what ever they need moved before I get there.

most times they do....

I tell them it's better to move it out than to move it around
www.mr-steamer.com
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 6:21pm

Welcome to our Forum, glad you are enjoying it.  The absolute way not to throw a breaker is to buy a truck mount.  Next buy a better than average portable that only draws 14 ½ amps and has one cord.

You do not want to think generators don’t go there.  Most heavy furniture is cleaned around and not moved.  If you must move it you can by Teflon sliders and do it yourself.

Buy a dry vacuum cleaner and vacuum first.  You will be doing a better job day one then most of your competitors who know it all but don’t vacuum first.

We now offer the The Worlds Largest Web Site where you can find anything, simply go to our home page and click on the American Flag.  The cleaning world is now at your finger tips.

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 6:29pm
Hey Ted, are those companies paying to be on your site? Trident is the only Wisconsin vendor on there right now, I noticed.
davidsleg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidsleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 6:30pm
thanks alot guys, so far all this has been very informative!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2007 at 6:33pm
we try
Just My opinion
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2007 at 10:42am
I just used the sliders on a china cabinet as an example of how effective the sliders are. We don't move cabinets etc for carpet cleaning but we sure do for water damage, they just make life easy.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2007 at 11:12am
Don't Listen to Lee... He doesn't use any sliders...his boys do...Lee is the boss...he just barks out the orders
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2007 at 12:04pm
so is another one that thrives on second hand info or should i say hearsay
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2007 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Don't Listen to Lee... He doesn't use any sliders...his boys do...Lee is the boss...he just barks out the orders

And that's the way it should be

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>