Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

I hate it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate it
    Posted: 08/June/2004 at 6:32pm

Does anyone other than me just hate cleaning upholstery, no wonder everyone charges more......

sofa/loveseat/chair could take 1 to 1 1/2 hours..

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make upholstery cleaning faster??

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2004 at 9:52pm
[QUOTE=MR. STEAMER]

sofa/loveseat/chair could take 1 to 1 1/2 hours..  It could take 2 1/2 hrs.  We charge by the lf. for upholstery

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make upholstery cleaning faster??

Mr. Steamer:  Have you never seen the Woolite commerical?  Just put it in the sink.

Guitar
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2004 at 10:03pm
Only if life was so easy....what would you do doug??? you'd have no more job
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2004 at 10:15pm
Mr. Steamer:  After this long I guess I would just commit myself and live happily ever after.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/June/2004 at 11:21pm
who likes to work anyways...
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2004 at 4:20pm
would you drive out of your way to do furniture???
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2004 at 4:52pm

Mr. Steamer:  How big are the houses you clean that you have to drive to the next room to clean upholstery.

Mr. Steamer:  It is all money. It is just upholstery is time consuming.  what can I say?  You have to do what you have to do.Guitar

Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2004 at 6:06am
I mean doug...would you drive to toronto , todo a sofa/loveseat/chair all the way from your one horse town...??
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2004 at 6:33pm
Mr. Steamer:  We don't gallop more than 30 from home at anytime.  We used to run everywhere but I cut it back. Sure it probably hurt in the short run but you have to do what you have to do.  My trucks make money when the wand is going back and forth not when the technician is rideng with A/C and radio on.  After I considered wages, gas and wear and tear I think I am probably just as far ahead.  The same holds through for my restoratiion no more than 30 miles and sometimes I won't even go that far.  I have Sears and other companies here on a daily bases from 60 to 75 miles away.  Maybe they like the secenery, after all it is very nice here at the lake in the summer.  What happens is all of a sudden they don't have enough calls they don't show or if they do they are lucky to pay for their gas.  I find their market is the do it yourselfers and very little upsell because they are only being hirGuitared for the specials.  I kinda know, it is a one horse town. Don' you know.
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2004 at 11:31pm
They run sub doug..... The poor sub pays the Piper
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2004 at 7:31am
Mr. steamer:  Do the subs have any say where they are sent?? Or is it do as we say not as we do??Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2004 at 11:47pm

They can say no...but tommorrow will be a sh*tty day....It's ok for a sub to loose money on a call....big names don't like to look at call to call monies...they look at the day of calls

so you lost on that call, but you made on the other 4 didn't ya..

I'm Mr. Steamer... they don't do that foolishness with me.. I must make money on every call.... I rather give the call for free than I loose a lone..lol

Rick/Magic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick/Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2005 at 5:07pm
Mr steamer, I hate upholstery cleaning too...but I like the money I can make cleaning it...but I usually wait for the client to ask for it...I don't push it
25 years of cleaning carpet
and my back hurts
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2005 at 5:10pm
To clean upholstery you have to drop the carpet cleaning mentality.Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>