Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

I hate it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HouseE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2016 at 11:04pm

Cleaning Upholstery can be pretty easy all you need is a few clean white cloths,a can of compressed air,a clear dish soap,a horse hair upholstery brush and a small bucket.Here you would require a total of just 15 minutes in total - 5 minutes of suction,5 minutes of spot removal and 5 minutes of Sudsing.

5 minutes of suction:

With the help of an upholstery attachment vacuum from left to right in short overlapping strokes.You should start from the top and then slowly work towards the bottom.Vacuum under the cushion and around the seams.Then with the help of a can of compressed air you could blast away the dirt from tufting and button nooks.

5 minutes of spot removal:

If you have stains on the fabric, sprinkle capture carpet and a rug dry cleaner to cover the stain then rub the powder into the fabric with a dry cloth and then vacuum.For stains on leather or vinyl you could spray pledge.Don’t use cleaners containing silicone since they can close up the pores of leather and vinyl causing them to tighten and potentially crack.

5 minutes of Sudsing

Pour about half a teaspoon of dish soap into a small bucket and then run warm water into the bucket to create suds.Dip a soft upholstery brush in the suds and then sweep the fabric in small sections.After sudsing the entire piece wipe the fabric with a clean damp cloth.Let it dry completely before you use the piece again.If you want to wash the other sides of the cushions you could do it the next day when the fabric on the front is completely dry.

Sponsored Links

HildaBef21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HildaBef21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2016 at 5:04am
Normally I use laundry detergent, warm water, white vinegar and baby wipes to clean my upholstery mainly cushions ans sofas.
EdwardeCharette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardeCharette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2016 at 10:29pm
Upholstery Cleaning is something which almost everyone loath about. I have learned from my experience that rubbing can smudge the spill into a larger stain, which upholstery cleaning services call as blossoming. Normally the process includes pre-cleaning, cleaning and drying. A llittle bit of water and bit more attention for the trouble area is what is basically required. Always check for the type of fibre. Check this article on upholstery cleaning for DIYers  http://www.rbcclean.com/blog/cleaning-tips/upholstery-cleaning-tips-for-diyers/ . Remember the key to upholstery cleaning is regular cleaning. It ensures long life. Always work from the outside of the spot or stain towards the centre.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011