Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Service Magic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service Magic
    Posted: 09/November/2007 at 2:18pm

Has anyone ever used that Service Magic site, looks like it will be pretty helpful, people just go on the site when they need a job done, when they describe what they want, you are notified through either email or phone and you call the custy back. I mean "sounds" great especially with the slow months coming....To anybody that has used the site, whats the good, the bad and the ugly?

Edited by Ream57 - 09/November/2007 at 6:12pm
I got money in the bank, but E on the tank.
Sponsored Links

Ream57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2007 at 11:25pm
Are you serious guys! No one has ever heard of Service Magic??
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2007 at 11:30pm
Never used them

The STD Meter
Ream57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2007 at 11:41pm
Why...?
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2007 at 10:34am
Service magic has been forumed to death just do a search on most boards. Very poor reviews I used them and would not recommend them, promise you everything deliver the worst.
plumbcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plumbcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2007 at 9:17pm

I used them in my plumbing business and received one call in 6 months and still didn't get the job. Just a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 11:01pm

I use them for maid service and carpet cleaning. I've got 10 leads this week for maid service...only even got a hold of 2...got 1 job. I had an Exact Match which means they only picked me...I called them back and they said I was to High $170 for a complete move out clean(and she was the owner calling form out of town). Had 1 carpet cleaning lead in 3 months...once again never even could get a hold of the people. I am canceling my maid leads. As for carpet cleaning My opening statment begins like this ...... PanhandleFloorCare.com is our growing website...maybe they will just go staight to our website. Service magic is always #3 or so  in all our areas on google. The largest carpet cleaning company in my town uses them. I try to memic there ads that I can afford!

safety1910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safety1910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2008 at 12:04pm
I just called ServiceMagic and asked them about their service.  Basically, it was a $99 dollar one-time setup fee.  They would make the website for you, install your pictures for you, etc.  After that, they would charge you $13 or so dollars for each customer that contacts you.  However, you can limit the number of customers that contact you based on your budget.  Example:  You have $130 dollars to spend.  That would allow 10 customers to contact you this month.

I can see where it would work, but I think the idea is better than the practice.  Also, there were only 167 people that inquired about cleaning services in North Carolina for all of 2007.  Sheesh.
Dan
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2008 at 12:15am
I had no luck with them.  It seemed that only a quarter of the leads they give you are worth anything and then you have to price compete against four people. All the leads are always bargain shoppers. Assuming you have a good sales pitch you will get like 1 out of 8 if you give them a steal on the price.  So you just spent $104 to get a $150 job.  After its all said and done there is no profit left.  

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply