Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

New here and have a few questions....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n737nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here and have a few questions....
    Posted: 22/October/2007 at 12:58pm
Hello all!
Just registered this morning, and I have a few questions. Basically, I own and opperate an auto detailing business. As some of you can imagine, work slows down in the winter and rainy times of the year. I have 2 full time employees plus myself.

I have a carpet cleaning machine that I use with the auto detailing(Mytee HP60), and I've often thought about adapting that to a carpet cleaning business. Maybe as time goes on, I would grow that carpet cleaning business into it's own.

Basically my questions are, is the Mytee HP60 going to be enough to take care of residential carpets? I also have an older Winsor Admiral Plus machine sitting in my garage.
I'm thinking about buying a Rotovac to go along with this Mytee. I've read a lot about them, and they seem to be the best mate to a portable machine. Is this true?
Chemicals....for basic residetial carpet cleaning, what should I expect to purchase?
Floor wands? What are good, and what to stay away from?

If the carpet cleaning business takes off, then I can see myself buying a used truck mount system, and having a 2nd business for myself. But for now, I'd like to take advantage of the equiptment that I already own, and see if it can turn into something bigger.

Thanks in advance!
Nick

Edited by n737nc - 22/October/2007 at 12:59pm
Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2007 at 6:57pm
It's possible to do a good job with most machines.  The issue is whether or not you can stand to work with any particular machine and whether you can live with the drying time a machine offers. Small tanks require frequent refills, and weaker (or fewer) vacuum motors and pumps mean slower work speed and drying time.
 Post Reply Post Reply