Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Setting up a quoting system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safety1910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting up a quoting system
    Posted: 21/October/2007 at 7:15pm
Hey guys....I haven't called my competition yet, but I am still going to ask this.

How do you guys price your jobs? Charge per room? Per square foot? Any difference between commerical and residential quotes?

Would one mind giving me an example scenario??

Many Thanks......
Dan
Sponsored Links

STEAMPRO View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAMPRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2007 at 1:50am
Lies
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2007 at 4:28am
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 12:26pm
safety1910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safety1910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2007 at 6:38pm
A: I am concluding that STEAMPRO has a comprehension and internet etiquette problem and is in need of a heavy dose of Ritalin

and....

B: Nightrider, I will only ask please due to your extreme uncanny way of making SGK look like a jackass....... .....and because you are in my top 5 people on the board who I think will tell it like it is.....

ok here goes......"OH GRACIOUS AND MIGHTY GODS OF THE WANDS......THOUGH I BE A HUMBLED APPRENTICE OF YOUR WONDERFUL ART *outbursts of giggling*....PLEASE EXPEL YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO ME SO THAT I MAY ONE DAY SMOTE DOWN THE EVIL DIRTY ONES WHO LIE BEFORE US".....

PEACE OUT HIPPIES!!
Dan
CCandmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCandmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2007 at 7:54pm
I quote by the square foot. I am willing to move furniture that does not involve breakables, as long as they are willing to pay extra for it.

You are going to have price commercial less per sq. ft. if you want their business, but you can usually finish commercial square footage faster. Make sure the price is worth your while after expenses.

Always ask residential customers if they want to get whatever stainguard you use. It's easy work for a lot of extra $.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2007 at 4:29am
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 12:26pm
STEAMPRO View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAMPRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2007 at 12:57pm
I agree
devvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2011 at 5:26pm
We charge a base rate by the sq. ft., and charge a percentage increase for additional options (e.g. fresh scent option is +10% of the base psf. rate). We use a quoting system called Socket to offer our customers instant quotes through our website and allow them to pay online.
 Post Reply Post Reply