Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Blower Lubrication Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blower Lubrication Question
    Posted: 23/September/2007 at 7:39pm

One of my little toy truckmounts is a Panther 15. I came to grease the blower this week and found what I thought would be normal grease zerks turned out to be these big square headed grease zerks that a normal grease gun wont quite fit over.  I dont know where to go to get an adapter for my grease gun to fit those fat headed grease zerks.  Anyone else deal with this on other models.........it has a square head with a tiny hole in the end that I assume is just another form of grease zerk different to me.  Can I just unscrew the grease zerk and squirt some grease in the hole.  That probably wouldnt work so well.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!!Confused

I can remove more spots than you can.
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2007 at 11:24pm
Sounds like the grease overflows to me. Your zerks are probably on the bottom, opposite thee overflows. The blower was put in upside down

The STD Meter
ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 7:17pm
Ill check it out.  Thanks.  My other option you just helped me think of is to unscrew the bastards and put in a regular zerk. Life stands still until my wife slaps me and then things happen...hahahahahahahahLOL
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 10:04pm
If you do that, there will be no pressure relief. You may damage your seals

The STD Meter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 11:52pm
Thats got to be the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time.  Im not religious but jesus christ shut the frick up.........

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 11:55pm
You moron theres no pressure in an open bearing.  Why do I have to deal with these idiots.  Ask away and we will get technical???????
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 2:06am
Are you high?

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 3:44pm
he must be.....dumb is what dumb does....let the fool wreck the seals...or find a grease gun to fit those square heads

I hope he knows he should only work on the unit when it's hot and running right.....bahahahahahahaha
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 3:59pm
Hot and running is best

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 6:21pm
that will be a costly learning experience
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2007 at 12:06am
We've all had a few of those

The STD Meter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2007 at 10:30pm
 There is no directional valve on the zerk in either direction which means the grease would spew backwards all over the place when you start up the carpet cleaner if there was pressure involved.  THAT DOESNT HAPPEN here .  WHich Means the zerk head is only a delivery method for the grease which is why I suggested removing the grease zerk head and squirting some grease in the hole to get it close to the hot zones. hich is a last resort for me at best.  It would allow grease to get close to the hot bearings which is not a sealed bearing.  Preferably the grease should be forced into the bearing though.  Thats why there is a grease Zerk in the first place.   Similar to a four wheel drive front axle on a pickup.  Grease has to be forced into the bearing to protect it or it will fail quickly.  You rednecks should relate to that one.  GO four wheeling in the water alot.  Bearings will start acting up.  The bearing has to be taken out and the grease driven into the bearing with a special tool to force the grease inside the bearing.  In the case of a truckmount carpet machine you cant use standard lithium grease.  It has to be #2 grade high temp grease to protect the blower bearings and the high heat.  But my zerk question is still in limbo...pending this weak forum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2007 at 10:33pm
PS the only danger to the seal is over pumping the grease and blowing out the seal.  I learned that on the farm at age 8.  Slowly pump the grease to swell the seal and then back away without hurting the seal.  What you learned at age 35 I had mastered at age 8.  Dont bore me.  Move along girls.....Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply