Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

RPM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPM
    Posted: 24/February/2004 at 9:47pm

I am planning to buy a general floor machine, and have two questions: 1) if I want to do carpet cleaning what type of RPM machine should I use 180 to 300 RPM or one with 1300 or more rpm ? It's because somebody offered me a used one with 1300 rpm and I wonder if this machine once I place a bonnet underneath it could harm the surface of the carpet . Thanks

Secondly, when should I consider a brush to attach to one of these ground machines or the use of a bonnet instead ? I inend to use this machine as a multipurpose type but right now my concern is for the carpet use of it. Thanks.

Westdevil
Sponsored Links

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2004 at 9:56pm

175 RPM is enough. Two speed maybe from time to time.

1300RPM, you have got to be kidding.

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2004 at 12:02am

Originally posted by LeeS. LeeS. wrote:

1300RPM, you have got to be kidding.

Bonnet clean yourself a hole down through to China. Or better yet, perform some wall demolition for your clients.  Hang on to that baby and let er' rip!!!

WESTDEVIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2004 at 12:41am
 "He who doesn't know is like the blind man who doesn't see" I'm only starting in the business and you can expect me to make such comments. But anyways it is a way to have fun. You guys are respectful as you make your jokes. You should see a byking forum I go in once in a while. They treat each other really bad, it's amazing. Thanks for your help.
Westdevil
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2004 at 1:40am

No disrespect intended Westdevil. There are no stupid questions here. A day without learning atleast one new thing is a day wasted in my opinion. 

I could write a book about all the crazy things that have happened on the job site.

As my good buddy doug will attest to...Training, training, training. You can have all the training in the world but it ultimately all comes down to the individual.

I once worked for a guy that rented a multi-task floor cleaning machine for a couple days. He was trained on how to use it properly. Problem being that on the job site he attached the wrong block to the bottom of the machine (a brush attachment for hard floors) when he should have used the block attachment with a bonnet pad.

When he turned the machine on it gripped the carpeting underneath it and flung the whole machine into the neighbouring wall BAM!!!. Blew a fuse in the process shutting down all the lights. When the lights came back on there was a big hole in the wall in the shape of a floor machine and a circular burn hole in the carpeting.

Maybe it's just me, but trouble seems to follow me around like a puppy.

Edited by Mr.Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply