Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can a portable reach 340"WL with 4 -2 stage vacs??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Can a portable reach 340"WL with 4 -2 stage vacs??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can a portable reach 340"WL with 4 -2 stage vacs??
    Posted: 19/August/2007 at 4:43am

Here is my post I send out to any cleaners that ask this question of me from time to time. Rather than type over the same answer hundreds of times to the same question, I now send out the same answer to everyone that asks. It will help you understand this topic better too I hope:

In reality, the real lift of any machine that claims a number like this is nowhere near 340"WL. In fact, the number in reality is not much higher than 230" as shown below:

The actual lift given by stacking 2 stage motors in real life is a bit better than 65%, but not much better.The numbers I get by actually measuring the results obtained by doing this work out to 76.5%, with each motors output being reduced to 76.5% of the value of the motors contribution of the one that preceeded it. Here is what you get when you add them all up in a series of 4:

First motor....................................................................................85"WL.......................85"WL in total

Second motor.............................85"WL X76.5%.....................65"WL........................150 WL in total

Third motor..................................65"WL X76.5%....................49.73"WL....................199.73WL in total

Forth motor.................................49.73"WL X76.5%...............38"WL..........................237.73"WL in total

Note that the total water lift obtained by stacking them produces less and less benefit from each additional motor that gets stacked. The 85"WL rating on these motors is fairly typical of the standard 2 stage vacs used throughout the industry. To reach even 300" of lift with these would require a stack of 10 or more, hardly a practical option. The best way to reach 300"WL or more in a stack of 4 motors or less is to use higher power motors like a 3 stage to get there. With an air watt rating of 485 per motor vs the 250 air watts that most 2 stage motors possess, the higher lift number are reached much more easily.

Hope this post shows the reader that it is a whole lot easier to talking about making strong vacuum power than actually doing it.

Thanks,

Ken

www.wandglides.com
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 10:23am
If we could only believe you

The STD Meter
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 2:10pm
Nah, what Kenny is doing is telling lies again. Yesterday his machine had 300+  inches of waterlift with only 2-stage vacs. I was laughing really hard, because that's impossible.  I've told him for weeks now how to calculate the cfm and watherlift, but he wouldn't listen. Now he's finally tested his bucket of crap and KNOWS what I've been telling hims is true. So what's he to do now that he's been posting here for weeks on end boasting about stats that are impossible????  His solution, of course, is to post and pretend that what he said before never happened, and lecture us using my calculations.

Kenny's machine has the lowest cfm on the market. It's a piece of crap. My calculations are finally shown to be true, and Kenny's just now hooking up the motors and figuring out that the machine has to be powered by something other than his imagination.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 19/August/2007 at 5:50pm
Ken Harris Nov 08:

"This will cause oil to rise to near $100 by the end of November. It stays up there to about the end of February. Better save this so you know who told it to you first."
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 2:17pm
Think about it. Kenny's boasting about all these goofy sales he's getting.  But the actual machines he was selling a week ago don't exist any longer. There are no machines with 6 vacuums, there are no machines with 660 cfm and 590 inches of water lift, there is no machine with 4 2-stage vacuums and 300+ inches of waterlift that has even 1/10 the cfm of a truck mount.  His last claim was that the 6 vacuum machine was reaching the 100 limit of units that he would sell, but the machine doesn't exist. All those "lucky" club members he claims to have sold a combined pre-ordered sales of over 100 have all been ripped off.

But, of course, we didn't expect Kenny to deliver.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 19/August/2007 at 5:51pm
Ken Harris Nov 08:

"This will cause oil to rise to near $100 by the end of November. It stays up there to about the end of February. Better save this so you know who told it to you first."
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Note that the total water lift obtained by stacking them produces less and less benefit from each additional motor that gets stacked. 

Yeah, Kenny, this is what I've been telling you for weeks.  Of course, you called me a liar when I first told you. DuH!!!
Ken Harris Nov 08:

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 4:53pm
This must be a 220 volt unit..6 vacs off 110????

how many cords does it have????
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

This must be a 220 volt unit..6 vacs off 110????

how many cords does it have????

None. It doesn't exist

The STD Meter
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 5:42pm
Right. It doesn't exist. He claimed he had already sold 50, but now they're off his site and can't be found. He claimed he was the super genius that could make them. He's only shown that he's the super BS.

Now, after nearly a month of telling Kenny the dynamics of how vacuums work in series, and him calling me a liar and an idiot, he posts exactly what I've been telling him, just 1 day after changing his stats.

Quote Hope this post shows the reader that it is a whole lot easier to talking about making strong vacuum power than actually doing it.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 19/August/2007 at 5:43pm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 5:48pm
He's so freakin delusional. Connections should be interesting

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 6:08pm
if he lives
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 6:11pm
his unit has a reactor attached??
Just My opinion
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 6:22pm
I see SGG has some competition on the Red Bored with the Eclipse and it's 340,000 inches of lift?
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 6:45pm
Big Dreams everywhere I guess
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2007 at 7:51pm
sky is the limit
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>