Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Portable carpet cleaners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRINCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 8:36pm
Spoken like a real pro there Dyna, nice equipment you have, you know your stuff seems like..............I don't know how to clean duct work......so better I don't touch it, plus YOU SCARE ME.
We have the cleaning solution that's right for you
Sponsored Links

Monsterclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 10:05am

I tried for over a year to make money with two ninja portables.  I think that they may be ok for a part-time operation.  I don't know how anyone could compete against a truckmount with a portable.  Most of my work could not be completed with a portable machine.  A portable is simply too slow, and requires too much effort.  Most truckmounts cannot compete with my setup.  They simply are too slow. I now rent my two portables.  I also rent dry cleaning equipment. 

Sincerely, Barry

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 7:17pm
I won't ever use a portable...I turn away protable work....if my truck can't do the job...I give it to some other sucker
CLEANWORKS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLEANWORKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 1:05am

portables do things that tm's don't, such as hi-rises etc.  i do 2-32 stories w a portable in 2 days for 3000.00.  who wants to turn away work like that?  at the same time i rely on my truckmount for my residential houses and commercial work that is accessible to tm's.  i charge the same price for portable work as well as truckmount cleaning.  my truck will always outclean my portable within the same time frame.  more heat, more pressure, more vacuum-less filling, less dumping equals faster production time.  my results are exactly the same.  if you use a portable with autofill/auto dump features, 5oo psi, at least 2-3stage vacuums (or equivilent) 200 plus degrees f. heat. u are using 3 power cords or more and less water flow, and probably worrying if ur water connections are leaking, or if your autodump is overflowing, and u have had to connect ur machine to the cust's kitchen sink, don't forget ur adaptors and ur using the cust's electricty.  u can do a good job w portable or tm or bonnet etc. if u know what ur doing and take time to do it right

the thing about the word "impossible" is that it is mostly "possible"
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 4:49pm

Well said Cleanworks I like your post. You also indicated about the BC Government only allowed to use Enviro products. I see that is the direction we will all be heading. Can you also fill us in on truckmount dumping in BC. We hear big fines and jail terms.

Is this true?

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 2:05pm

I know of a few carpet cleaners who to my knowledge has never and I mean never flushed out there waste tank.  They clean a rather large restaurant chain.  If I told you who I was talking about you would never eat at one of these places again. 

There waste tank has become corroded and infectious. These guys call them selfs professional. Remember the first three letters in Professional is PRO.

Anybody should be able to take this account away from them as this is no PRO who disregards what fumes they are putting into the building.

Talk about mad cow and bird disease. How long before we will be struck down with waste tank syndrome.  Clean Up Your Act you know who you are.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2004 at 7:58pm
I only owned 2 portable carpet cleaning machines the first was a deep steam machine.  It came with a big drag tool with about 12 jets on it.  when you turned it on you got about 50 sq. ft. and the unit needed more water.  I still have the drag tool it is good for water extraction.  The other was my R2 D2 a steam valet and it still works 500 psi pump and heater. The only other experience I have with portables are upholstery and drapery machines.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2004 at 4:27pm

*WARNING*

portables the unlikely killer....

Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2004 at 3:37am
    If your water temp at  the tm is 200 at the machine, how much heat do you lose running 100 ft. of pressure line over frozen ground in the winter. Whats the temp when it hits the wand? How much cfm do you lose over 150 ft. of vac hose? 
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2004 at 7:10am

well you have to take into a fact that the hose is insulated...it all depends on how fast you use the water coming from the truck...I'm sure if it sits in the line it will get pretty cold...but most times for me...very little temp change...unless your doing furniture where your not using as much water.

As for the cfm's.....most truck mounts are rated for 150 feet at least...so if your set at 12-15 hg at the truck...thats pretty much it at the hose...unless you go over the recommend footage....then I think its about 2-5 hg's per 100 feet...I could be wrong

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2004 at 7:11am
this is the portable section...lol
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2004 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Steamer :  Maybe he leaves his portable in the truck.  Maybe he should be inquiring about extension cords.  Maybe he has a generator?  Just my opinionGuitar

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2004 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Steamer :  Maybe he leaves his portable in the truck.  Maybe he should be inquiring about extension cords.  Maybe he has a generator?  Just my opinionGuitar

the funny thing is...I've seen that...lol
Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2004 at 12:08am
  I was just looking for a reason why I should go to a tm. If  my water temp  &  vac is no bettter running all that hose etc. Why would I want all the headache of a tm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>