Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Portable carpet cleaners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portable carpet cleaners
    Posted: 24/February/2004 at 9:41pm
I do not know why no one has answered this one?  A good compentant, trained technician with the portables that are on the market today should have little trouble matching or exceeding truckmount results.  It is not the machine it is the operator or should I say technician.  With pump in and pump out features and unlimited heat from some units it sounds the way to go.  AS I stated before truckmounts are not for all jobs and people.
Sponsored Links

Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2004 at 7:05pm

Possibly not.

If you're clientel has no problem with you using such a device then all the power to you. I am a competent tech and I preffer the TM over the portable. MIND YOU, I have not had any experience with the new ones. The last portable I used was a 100 PSI with no heater. It was a blue Ninja. Those worked good for the high rises, but I still preffered the TM.

I also clean air ducts as well so this is where the TM really excells as I have the Cleanco Compact 47. It really "sucks"

Take Care

-Ron H.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2004 at 10:17pm
Hooking up a 4.7 with a 2' hose must put a lot of negative pressure on the duct work. I have never seen a tm used for this so I am not really that familiar with the process.  Do you turn down the vac pressure or what?   Do you have to have seperate hoses? Is it woth the expense?  Just inquiring.
Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 2:43am

Actually, it's 1.5' hose that goes to 2' hose and no, there is no negative pressure. Yes, it is worth the expense as we can charge a premium because this system works way better then any other duct cleaning system and the customers can see...and hear it.

Go to www.cleanco.com and check out the IAQ section to familliarize yourself with the system if you wish.

It's been worth every red cent.  

Take Care

-Ron H.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 7:38am

With 1.5' hose would that not restrict what you can remove from ducts especially if they just had renovations or a fire. sounds like you can only clean clean ducts.

Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 5:15pm

It may sound like that but it is farthest from the truth. I've pulled pot lids out of vents. Of course it doesn't go through the hose. Believe me, the ducts are getting clean, I visually inspect them myself before I'm happy. That's the main reason I have a satisfied clientel.

If you could only see my filters, you would then know that I am NOT cleaning clean ducts. I have no problem pulling building materials out of heating systems either. Mice as well. Dead or alive. I don't bother with rats, they don't fit.

Take Care

Ron

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 7:17pm
Am I to understand that all you do is remove the registers and vacuum?  My concern is not what you are removing it is what you are leaving.  I thought you cleaned the ducts the convential way by opening the hot and return ducts.  Or have I misunderstood you?
Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2004 at 9:45am

You have misunderstood. If I was leaving stuff, do you think I would be wasteing my time cleaning if I knew I wasn't cleaning? Okay, not a fair question. Just so you know, I'm not one of those rip off outfits that give all us cleaners a bad reputation. I have a turbo brush that goes down the round vents, it has a Turbo whipper I call it at the end of it which is activated by the suction from the TM. I send it down and scrub the vents AFTER I have sent the hose down to pick up any large amounts of debris. (construction material, toys, and so on).

Downstairs at the furnace, I pull the blower out and powerwash it at my truck. I'm also a furnace mechanic so it's not like I'm incompetent when it comes to heating appliances. I then cut into the warm and cold air ducts and I have brushes that fit these and they hook up to the hose from the TM and suck everything back to the truck.

Nothing is left behind. I hope this clears things up with you.

Take Care

Ron

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2004 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Cd-Ron Cd-Ron wrote:

You have misunderstood. If I was leaving stuff, do you think I would be wasteing my time cleaning if I knew I wasn't cleaning? Okay, not a fair question. Just so you know, I'm not one of those rip off outfits that give all us cleaners a bad reputation. I have a turbo brush that goes down the round vents, it has a Turbo whipper I call it at the end of it which is activated by the suction from the TM. I send it down and scrub the vents AFTER I have sent the hose down to pick up any large amounts of debris. (construction material, toys, and so on).

Downstairs at the furnace, I pull the blower out and powerwash it at my truck. I'm also a furnace mechanic so it's not like I'm incompetent when it comes to heating appliances. I then cut into the warm and cold air ducts and I have brushes that fit these and they hook up to the hose from the TM and suck everything back to the truck.

Nothing is left behind. I hope this clears things up with you.

Take Care

Ron

That sounds good to me.  But getting that out of you was like pulling teeth.  See how clear things become when you get used to explaing just what you do to people like who are a pain in the ass.
Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2004 at 11:47am

[/QUOTE] That sounds good to me.  But getting that out of you was like pulling teeth.  See how clear things become when you get used to explaing just what you do to people like who are a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Point taken

Take Care

Derek Beyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Beyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2004 at 1:59am

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Hooking up a 4.7 with a 2' hose must put a lot of negative pressure on the duct work. I have never seen a tm used for this so I am not really that familiar with the process.  Do you turn down the vac pressure or what?   Do you have to have seperate hoses? Is it woth the expense?  Just inquiring.

i was under the impression that true duct cleaning equipment far exceeds the CFM of any TM, and that most pro duct cleaners consider cleaning duct with a TM to be comparable to you or i cleaning carpet with a Bissell.

NO  offense to you Ron, im sure you do outstanding work and your TM gets the job done....just posting some things i read on the duct cleaning forums.

thanx --- Derek.

Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 11:27pm
I have a Ninja portable and it works fantastic. I've also found that the customers I have serviced prefer it rather than have hoses schlopped thru their house...the door left open for animals and kids to get out...not to mention the heat or AC. I may eventually go with a TM but this portable works great and is a LOt less expensive to operate.....putting more money in my pocket!
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 12:53am

Where the heck do you clean....Africia....What are you talking about.........all those kids and amimals running around........who's chasing who.......what's going on there.......Mr. Steamer, PadMan. Adwa. Ted, Someone let's help this guy out, let's get him some traps for those animals and leashes for the kids, and some foam to stuff between the door.......save up and buy your own truckmount.

Mr. Steamer rents them out by the day, talk to him.

Jack                NIGHTRIDER

dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 5:29pm

if your going to clean furnace & duct work you should buy a proper truck like a caddy vac made for funace cleaning you can do alot more with it like commercial work big $$$$ plus insulation removal $$$$ you cant do a proper job with carpet van no matter what some guys say i would put you to the test any time i own 1 caddyvac witch sucks 10800cfm & use 280 psi with a whip i can move alot more dirt then you ever could i also have 1 1992 cleanco classic also 1 2002 cleanco 47 they only have 350cfm so you ask your customer if they prefer 10800cfm or get riped off by 350 cfm i would also like to no how you clean the plug up burners and you say you pull the blower & pressure wash it  all fine&dandy on old old furnace with a belt drive fan but all the new ones are direct drive fans i would not recommend getting water in a motor so quit bullsh*ting & riping off your customers & buy proper equipment & training or let the pros do it you guys are the ones who wreck the market doing it for cheap & not properly stick to what you know thanks greg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>