Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

MYTEE 1001-DX200 Keeps Blowing Breakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MYTEE 1001-DX200 Keeps Blowing Breakers
    Posted: 01/August/2007 at 6:07pm
Your 1001DX-200 does require the use of 2 20 amp circuts when you engage the built-in heaters in it. In some homes this can be difficult to find without the 230 volt adapter to help you. Without an adapter, the easiest solution is to shut off the heats and use the water from the building as it comes.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2007 at 8:27am
Originally posted by stevnlevine stevnlevine wrote:

My portable blows breakers everytime I put on both heaters. If I get one of those 220V adapter plugs for dryer connections. Do both of my plugs ,plug into the single adapter? Will this adapter gismo solve my high amp draw problem? Thanks for any answers, except for the guys that told/tell me "get a truck mount". (I'm saving for one now).

Yes, that adapter will work.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 19/July/2007 at 8:45am
totalsolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totalsolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2007 at 5:32pm
Sounds like you are plugging either into the same circuit or your are plugging into a 15amp circuit instead of a 20amp circuit. Anything outside, in a kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, and garage are SUPPOSED to be 20amp. Everything else is 15amp and it will blow pretty quick. I have the same problem with my Mytee if I find an older house with no 20amp circuits. Use less heat and more chemicals/dwell time to compensate in those situations or use a generator. I bought a $500 5000watt generator from walmart for those times I can't find a 20amp circuit. Also, you need 2 different 20amp circuits if you have 2 cords, which I'm sure you do. Hope that helps.

And no sarcasm!

stevnlevine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevnlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2007 at 2:10pm
 My portable blows breakers everytime I put on both heaters. If I get one of those 220V adapter plugs for dryer connections. Do both of my plugs ,plug into the single adapter? Will this adapter gismo solve my high amp draw problem? Thanks for any answers, except for the guys that told/tell me "get a truck mount". (I'm saving for one now).
 Post Reply Post Reply