Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Where's the heat?? :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawncas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's the heat?? :)
    Posted: 20/June/2007 at 1:29pm
New to the site, and forums, so glad to be amongst you all, and hopefully someone might have a bit of input here.

Have a Boxxer 421 with about 500 hours on it.  Machine has been for the most part very reliable minus the constant heating and diverter valve issues we are often facing.

I live in the Chattanooga, TN area with the closest "Authorized" repair facility for Hydramaster, (or anyone capable of working on TM's being Atlanta and Nashville.)  About 2 hours away.

Since getting this unit we have had many, heat issues, with either no heat up on gauge, diverter valve shutting on and off, etc.

At least 4 times now we have had it at Interlink in Nashville for various heat issues.  They always resolve the problem (I love Interlink for their service) however, it always seems to come back with a "new" problem not capable of being fixed with the methods we have learned from them over past several trips up there.

Examples - First we had no heat or activity in diverter valve = The linkage had come loose, fixed, never been a problem again.

Then we notice the diverter valve light is irregular in normal operation (green/orange/green/etc.)  Turns out on the next trip to Interlink the knob used to adjust temp had become loose from behind.  (No way for us to see it from the outside.)

Now after at least 4 trips up there, again we find a randomly working diverter valve.  (Diverter valve light randomly on and off, heat barely rising to 160 degree.) Checked everything related that we have been "taught," nothing found.  Decided to get it checked locally at a small engine guy here in town that does most of our tune up stuff who believes it might be the solid state board in the diverter housing.  Claims the 2 nuts on the housing were loose, and there was some rust on the bottom of the housing.  I trust his opinion, and wish to have this issue fixed once and for all as opposed to these constant trips back to Nashville.

Simply wondering if anyone else is dealing with constant heat issues from this unit, and how logical it may be that the board is "bad."

- We are on our way to Nashville again in the morning, would just love some more input to approach them on as opposed to the "fix the bare minimum" we seem to be getting.

I appreciate the assist all, and good cleaning!
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2007 at 10:19pm

Good luck man! Have you posted this on the ICS BB? You'll get more replys..

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2007 at 10:19am
Try mikeysboard.com also

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply