Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

pre-spraying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2007 at 11:55pm
Never tried dyelock.. Usually test first on multicolors.
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2007 at 9:35am
Well Doggf**ker I have never been to a class where the instructor explained to everyone to go out save a couple of bucks buy all you chemicals in bulk then mix all your own cleaning chems in a bucket? I will agree with some additves when necessary but if I had to mix all my cleaners everyday I would find something else to do?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2007 at 10:00am
Like retire?

The STD Meter
Doggfather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doggfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2007 at 10:52am
    LOL, you dont have to do that chemical mix everytime, You can just use Fabric Shampoo only, and rinse with Fab Clean. I just like to add additives for extra cleaning. Yea it does take forever to mix an ounce of boost all, like a minute, if your that impatient then you shouldn't be cleaning upholstery anyways. On a cheap to regular sofa, I may not use such a recipe, but when its dirty and I have any doubt in the cleaning, I will use that recipe. The mixing of the chemicals is not time consuming at all. And I mentions 4 chemicals: Boost All, Buff All, Fabric Shampoo, and Fab Clean. And when you clean upholstery you dont have to mix in a bucket if you dont want to, you can measure out the correct ounces for the sprayer of your choice. But usually my technicians will not even use a sprayer, they will just whip up the foam in the bucket and pick it up with a brush. Good Enough is the Enemy of Excellence, do it right the first time everytime.

Edited by Doggfather - 07/April/2007 at 10:56am
ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2007 at 9:55pm
ShockedCareful with that hydro sprayer on upholstery.  Sometimes if you got a spill that went deep into the cushion and you wet it all the way to the cushion, the stain reaapears after you leave.  Always light prespray upholstery and extract really well unless you want to get called for a return visit extract. 
I can remove more spots than you can.
Doggfather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doggfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2007 at 9:06am
    Well you dont actually spray using the hydro force sprayer. You use the foaming tip on the sprayer and foam your chemical on the horse hair brush, then lightly aggitate it in. If its a cheap couch, then I will just lightly spray it on without foaming tip to speed up the process.
B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2008 at 3:03pm
crazy!
carla4297 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carla4297 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2008 at 4:16am
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Doug... you can't get even flow with a spray bottle....you get patchy results... thanks for not flaming me...I have never browned or wrecked a piece of furniture...It's something that can not be taught in a class...I guess it comes with experience

Yep, hydro force is definitely the way to go. Use it, like it, keep it! :-)

Cheers, Carla
Do it fast, do it right!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2008 at 10:07am
With the right tip pumpups will spray evenly..
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2008 at 9:12pm
I've used trigger sprayers from Home Depot for furniture and I just overlap my spray. I use a self neutralizing furniture spray from Masterblend and I have never had any problems. For carpets the hydro sprayer is the fastest and easiest.

http://www.colorado-carpet-masters.com/carpetcleaningBoulder.htm
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2008 at 1:29am
I use chapin units I get from Jerry's which although it is local only beats out Home Depot and Lowes since we deal with local people and not corporations that leech profit centers by sending them to a far away office.

These are great and you can get different nozzles for them.  Available in up to 3 gallons.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
tokmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tokmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2009 at 3:49am
I have used a hydro force sprayer on upholstery myself. I don't reccommend it but I have had to use it on very heavily soiled pieces of furniture before when I knew a small sprayer would not cut it. It is a tool of the trade. Sometimes I would like to trade it in but HA What Can I say. That hasn't already been said.

Chandler Carpet Cleaning
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2009 at 11:02am
Hey duck i have a older model 1300 Chapin 3gal.. Cant find parts.. I need the whole plunger.. Metal tank last forever.. A web search didnt reveal anything..

Thanks if you know.. Big%20smile

Big%20smile Cool Approve Big%20smile
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2009 at 2:44pm
John it sounds like everything you possess is an antique???
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>