Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Banshee TM, anyone know about them?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdabear6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banshee TM, anyone know about them?
    Posted: 11/April/2007 at 10:34pm
I have a chance to buy a used TM banshee, dirt cheap. I know a little about TM, been a Chemstractor user for years. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with one? I have been thinking about expanding into flood and tile work. What would you pay for an older TM? Is a banshee a good piece of equip?

Any info would help
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2007 at 11:02pm
Banshee=POS. Just my personal opinion based on other people's comments

The STD Meter
robdabear6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdabear6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/April/2007 at 11:08pm
have you used one? The one I may be buying is only $700 with 200hose, w/ reel and tanks. I am coming from a portable buffer style machine? Is that a good deal? I think so but I dont know much about TM in general.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2007 at 12:01am
I haven't used one, but any comments I've heard have not been positive.
$700 sounds like a great price, but what kind of shape is it in? You may end up spending $1000's to repair it.

Are you mechanically inclined? If not get ready for some big repair bills when it breaks.

Sorry, just trying to be realistic.

The STD Meter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdabear6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2007 at 10:56am
No i appreciate it very much, but dont you think if I spent 500- 1000 on a fixing a used 700 TM with hoses and lines, I would be better off than buying a 15,000 new one.  From what i have seen of the machine it looks good.  He says the fuel pump is going out.  they cost around 100.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2007 at 12:21pm
How may hours on the unit?
Has it been well maintained?
What about the blower, pump, heat source?

The STD Meter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdabear6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2007 at 2:18pm
the banshee does not have an hour meter.  He says blower and everything work fine and has said i am more than welcome to give her a test run.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2007 at 4:04pm
Try it out and see what you think

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2007 at 5:21pm
The only problem I see is if you are no really familuar with truckmounts it could feel great BUT? It may be only working @50 to 75% of it's potential but if you have not run another tm for awhile you will have nothing to compare it to. Just my 2 cents?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2007 at 7:21pm
Good point

The STD Meter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robdabear6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2007 at 8:19pm
as long as it works ok.  The main reason I want it is to get the folks who only want TM.  as long as it does a strong extraction. and heats well i think i will be fine with just that.  
carpettom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpettom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 11:16am

I previously bought one new around 1998 .It was my first TM. Personal opinoion, a small but powerfull machine, plenty of heat with propane heater. As far as being dependable, it broke a few times nothing  major except the 16 hp Briggs bent a push rod one time. Overall I liked the machine I now own a Prochem 405 its a little more powerfull than the Banshee but it also weighs about 1100lbs compared to the 300 of the Banshee. Take into consideration how its going to be transported The Banshee had a half ton Dodge van  to move it from job to job. The 405 I now have needs a 1 ton van.

T. Cervino
 Post Reply Post Reply