Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

First truck mount!! what do you think...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 9:20am
The fact that very few carpet cleaners install a TM in trailers tells you not to do it. It's hard enough to find one parking space today and with a trailer you need two back-to-back.

You may be careful and know how to handle a trailer but an employee is a totally different situation. Your insurance will also go through the roof. Give it a second thought.

Now that you have the TM cheap buy a Rotovac and you will have the cleaning world by the tail. Don't wear yourself out wanding. Rotovac is a better way.
Sponsored Links

Extremecleantx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Extremecleantx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 7:51pm
i have used a rotovac and dont like it. too slow. or maybe its cus i was raised on the wand. 
flood-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flood-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 9:18pm
yes rotovac is to slow use pre spray and elbow grease
flood man rocks
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2007 at 10:02pm
Wouldn't use live reel on vac.  I only use on fresh water line and solution line.  I do agree with using 100ft, of solution lines.  Someone said if it blows you lose 100ft why not just put new ends where it blew.  Second of all all Goodyear hose is not as good any more since they took the lead out of there hose.  Good year is only rated to 250 deg so just a mater when it is going to blow.  I switched to hydraulic  lines.  They are a little heaver but are rated to 311 deg and think 4500 psi with I think 27000 burst.  Most places that sell hose can make it up for you, add the SS ends if you get some made up.

Don't understand why you are disconnecting the lines.  Once set up you never need to disconnect or connect again.  I have been using live solution for 3 years IMO is the only way to go. 
billy196628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy196628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2007 at 10:17pm
    yes we prespray all the time more so where needed .you love it when they think the carpet is to far gone to clean and you clean it they just don,t belive it .
but you don,t want to much of that in the jobs more time to clean .
you see we dont charge any more clean dirty all the same.
it,s crazy but it works we say we don,t charge spotting .
really no need most come out just from the prespray .
as far as the truck mount well i like the larger 4 ceil. better longer life you use the same amount of gas .
the air cooled runs at max for it to run right the other runs above an idale maby 2000 rpm where as air cooled runs about 3600 rpms .
parts wear so things brake thats how it is .
as far as the blower is the duile sling better than sealed berings.
they say they are going to start a standered they must meet to pass as a truck mount .there are a lote of garbige out there they try to sell.
it has most of the parts but will it hold up do what they say or does it fall short of all the above .
no the truck mount does not sell the job on its own but helps to have some thing nice to show your custemer talk it up when most of the guys have littel air cooled truck mounts .
and they do such a bad job most of the time .
hay my english sucks but that not what i do for a liveing or i should say my spelling .
STEAMPRO View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAMPRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2007 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Extremecleantx Extremecleantx wrote:

Im getting a chemspec 860 in a van with 1200 hours. I have been previously using a ninja, so this is a leap up for me. I'd like to know what yall think of this unit. I am thinking this is going to get me more business. yes? no?
Thumbs Up
fonzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fonzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2008 at 3:44am
Hi there

Im looking at purchasing a Liberty or Freedom Truckmount (powerclean) does anyone know if they are a good machine? The other thing is here in Australia we pay way to much for truckmounts. A Freedom truckmount here costs us $37,000 aus or $33,000 american.  Would it be worth importing these machines?

Any advice would be greatly apprecitated
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2008 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by STEAMPRO STEAMPRO wrote:

Originally posted by Extremecleantx Extremecleantx wrote:

Im getting a chemspec 860 in a van with 1200 hours. I have been previously using a ninja, so this is a leap up for me. I'd like to know what yall think of this unit. I am thinking this is going to get me more business. yes? no?
Thumbs%20Up

I have never heard anything real good about them.  Hope for you sake I'am wrong
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2008 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by fonzy fonzy wrote:

Hi there

Im looking at purchasing a Liberty or Freedom Truckmount (powerclean) does anyone know if they are a good machine? The other thing is here in Australia we pay way to much for truckmounts. A Freedom truckmount here costs us $37,000 aus or $33,000 american.  Would it be worth importing these machines?

Any advice would be greatly apprecitated

That's what I purchased the Freedom 2.5 yrs ago.. Good TM? Yes they are.. Big%20smile

Edited by John L - 27/January/2008 at 12:15pm
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2008 at 4:40pm
John

Did you purchase the Freedom TruckMount for $33,000?  I think Fonzy is out of line with his pricing.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2008 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Adwa Adwa wrote:

John

Did you purchase the Freedom TruckMount for $33,000?  I think Fonzy is out of line with his pricing.

No.. That is way too much.. Ahhhh!! Less than half that here in the States..Big%20smile
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2008 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Adwa Adwa wrote:

John

Actually Gloria, he is not out of line. Almost everything in OZ costs more than USA or Canada. Lack of competition there I guess. Even glides that cost under $100 here go for $250 Australian over there. Imagine that. Not for long though. I sell the glides into Australia for as little as $159 now, delivered.With Lifetime Warrantee included that will save cleaners thousands of dollars over what they pay now over the lifetime of their business. Watch out for falling prices over there very soon.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 11/February/2008 at 3:23am
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2008 at 11:06am
oh no SGG is going to destroy the Austrialian economy?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2008 at 1:54pm
I'm pretty sure he has something to do with the condition of the North American economy. Europe is nextShocked

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>