Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Vortex or Aero Tech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2007 at 8:06pm
Yep were trading in our Vortex for a $2000.00 portable.  In fact we just cancelled our second Vortex order for a $2500.00 portable.

That darn Vortex of ours doesn't get us any extra work.LOL

I hear the new Vortex's now come with an optional bunk bed in the back, as who ever has one, finds themselves homeless a short time after owning one.

The large fresh water tank on the Vortex doubles as an immersion pit, and Friday nights it's used as a hot tub.  Got'a get your monies worth you know !

Edited by The Wizard - 01/March/2007 at 8:08pm
The Wizard.
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2007 at 8:52pm
You have it all figured out

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by The Wizard The Wizard wrote:

Yep were trading in our Vortex for a $2000.00 portable.  In fact we just cancelled our second Vortex order for a $2500.00 portable.

That darn Vortex of ours doesn't get us any extra work.LOL

I hear the new Vortex's now come with an optional bunk bed in the back, as who ever has one, finds themselves homeless a short time after owning one.

The large fresh water tank on the Vortex doubles as an immersion pit, and Friday nights it's used as a hot tub.  Got'a get your monies worth you know !

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO someone is pissed offShocked...since when the the wizard post here...LOL isn't he a red board millionare????...
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2007 at 9:03pm
Nothing better than a good soak at the end of the day!      
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2007 at 9:05pm
The only thing I can sayu...the lizard is in the right place to run a vortex...oakville burlington....Mostly wealthy exec's not knowing value..
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2007 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

The only thing I can sayu...the lizard is in the right place to run a vortex...oakville burlington....Mostly wealthy exec's not knowing value..

I guess you should change your service area then

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 10:02am
I do go into oakville and Burlington.......but I never advertise their...a litle far for me...it's about a 40 min drive using the 407.

I hate driving for more than 15 to 20 minutes
www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 11:41am
And the 407 costs money

The STD Meter
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 12:50pm

I know the benefits of a diesel van...great for long runs...when I use to service Bradford Keswick Newmarket....I never really burnt much diesel...but with a gas truck it's murder....

Diesel isn't very good in town either...I burn just as much as a long drive...

So I believe a vortex would burn a hell of alot in a small area like oakville burlington waterdown hamilton...

I know that there is only like 100 k in oakville burlington...small area for a big truck
www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 2:07pm
Steamer, there is a big difference between a diesel running in a van and a cab and chassis unit due to engine size and transmission.

Running in a driveway the Isuzu will burn half of what a standard diesel van does.   Driving down the road in a cab and chassis van with the low roof will get 25 - 35% better fuel economy than a standard diesel van.

Edited by pilediver - 02/March/2007 at 2:09pm
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 3:28pm
if you feel that way...but round town driving not matter what design will burn fuel....  My father had a small fleet of mack trucks doing gravel hauling...in city hauling was always harder on the truck and burnt more fuel that a good long haul
www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 6:03pm
Thanks for the imput Steamer.
Having personally owned 2 Mack trucks I am very aware of what they burn. The load and gearing on a small cab and chassis has no bearing whatsoever on what Macks tandem gravel trucks use hauling full or empty. Also did you know that the turning radius of the cab and chassis is better than your van? Price of a cab and chassis van with a cleanco 47 with electric reels tanks and post heat is only $74,000.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 6:35pm
so what will 5 calls cost you for the day?????

with my diesel plus slide in around $35 bucks

with gas plus pto $50...

www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 7:24pm
If the object is cheap then why not get a Hyundai Pony with a Ninja in in?
That sounds about right to run this truck except I have tons of room and more vac and lots of resale. Cabovers are cool to drive no noise and no stink and a big billboard.

Edited by pilediver - 02/March/2007 at 7:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>