Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Vortex or Aero Tech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 7:55pm
I'm curious PD what made you consider A.C.E truckmounts? I didn't know Ted was a distributer, what does he say?    
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Sponsored Links

pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 9:20pm
Ted is 2000 miles from me and ACE has no Western Canadian distributor so they are extending distributor pricing to me.

So if you don't mind dialoging with me and following my logic I would be interested in your opinions.
Paul mentioned them to me and I saw them at Connections. These machines appear to be in a different league by the way they are built. Stainless steel shelves, tanks, plant frame, reels, filter box and most all the parts are as heavy duty as they can source or build. The engine is a John Deere diesel which is one of the very best engines of its type available. I know this engine from marine applications and it has a very high regard. The drive coupling system is stronger than anything else in any cleaning system made anywhere. I am researching the reliability of the company from references and asking a few people who might know without attracting biased remarks.

Look at it with this perspective. An Aero Tech or a Vortex is at least $105,000 landed and has all the right stuff with a warranty and supposed service support.

An ACE in my truck and box is around 80. It has a 59 blower high stainable heat output at high volume with stainless everything with an electric reel. I was quoted 12k mounted for a custom ITB high end aluminum box to my specifications. The truck would be a GMC W3500 diesel auto with air conditioning for 36K. A friend of mine and me would put the thing together. My friend makes his living inventing, fabricating and installing high end electro-mechanical marine scientific research instruments for universities and governments made out of electronics aluminum and stainless. We have access to milling machines, shears, breaks and welders.

I recently went through a service experience that gives me a different perspective about what I can expect out of truck mount mechanics. I have noted comments from people like Doug who say that knowing your own unit especially a slide in is critical in reducing down time. What better way to learn about your unit than to install it and maintain it yourself. I will make up for my wrenching abilities somehow with the mechanical and fabrication help of my friend. I am a person who understands how something works but not the best working with tools.

From the first moment I saw how a truck mount PTO system worked on a van I thought it was crap. I came for cab and chassis diesel units that ran everything including pressure washers hydraulically. I was very much involved in the rig up process of these units and I am not the least intimidated by doing this project if I go the ACE way.

The ACE looks very well built and reliable and it represents a large savings. The plant will burn a gallon an hour and a diesel truck is build to run long inexpensive miles and is a real truck. The turning radius of the W3500 is tighter than an extended van.

Edited by pilediver - 25/February/2007 at 9:36pm
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 9:25pm
PD is doing his homework

The STD Meter
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 9:32pm
Premier, Mikefest is a cc meeting in San Jose in early March that has been put together and run by a grass roots group of cc posters at www.mickeysboard.com.
If you want to read opinions of some of the very brightest (and controversial) carpet cleaners in North America that is where you will find it. The board is not sponsored or edited by a publisher who is influenced by what is allowed to be posted. If someone says something is a POS then the remark stands and not deleted because you knocked a board advertiser. There are no board advertisers. The board is self supporting through contributions of the members. If you start spouting BS you will be cut to ribbons instantly. There are lots of points of view and good arguments and lots of fun.

If you want to belong you have to fill out your profile completely and you will be checked out to see if it is real. If you don't contribute by asking questions or adding your two bits then after a period of time your user name is simply deleted. It has almost a 1000 members since starting on October 6th. Mikefest has about 70 ccers attending.

Edited by pilediver - 25/February/2007 at 9:34pm
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 9:42pm
This is the identical box to the Vortex made by the same manufacture with an ACE installed. I would do it a little different. This truck has 180 imperial gallons of waste and 189 gallons of fresh.

Edited by pilediver - 25/February/2007 at 9:44pm
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 10:04pm
PD all is fine and dandy I think you would be making a great decision. Now what I think if you take this over 5 years I estimate you fixed costs for the unit at about $500.00 per week before you turn a wheel give or take a hundred?
Just My opinion
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 10:07pm
I think that would be about right. But look at it the other way what would the cost be per week of a POS.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 10:09pm
Nothing if you don't run it

The STD Meter
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 10:10pm
Looking at the pictures above this is what I would do.
The side door would be a foot shorter.
The tank would be against the cab wall of the box and the plant would be where the reel is or even a bit farther back. This is for the weight. They show a portable in there but just imagine that room being used for something else anyway.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 10:17pm
All I am trying to say is it would be very difficult to make those payments on say cleaning 3 or 4 300 sq ft' jobs a day? You would need a min of 6 to 8 hundred bucks a day with that unit to make it worth while 5 days a week every week. maybe you already do those nu,bers I don't know. Just don't sink yourself I know it is an easy thing to do when you get all tied up in conversations with all the big dogs?? Each area is different and I wish you well abd hope your area can support this unit?
Just My opinion
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 10:22pm
Absolutely Doug. I am going to look at the whole picture. I need to make a profit.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 10:52pm
a knife is a knife...but you don't need a butcher's cleaver to butter bread
www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 10:56pm
Wondered when you would speak up on this. Let me ask you. If someone proved to you on your own terms of what you call proof and you found it worked way better would you buy one?
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2007 at 11:07pm
Personally I think that the machine alone doesn't make the job...it's all the variables.....detergent, dewell time, heat...

a customer's carpet can only come as clean as it can get no matter what machine you have it depends your experience.

For the show...it's nice...I'm sure it might get you more money...but your expenses will be high so you deserve more.

a shiney wand..

clean lead hose...

clean uniform.... and a white smile

is what the customer see's......most times the truck is parked out front out of sight.

The only way I would buy one...if it could do the impossible......and we all know every machine has limits...even more limits if you don't know what your doing

Edited by MR. STEAMER - 25/February/2007 at 11:09pm
www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>