Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Lease or Hire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lease or Hire
    Posted: 30/April/2004 at 3:18am
    hey Doug, steamer, nightrider, etc.--ya it's the portable guy lol.
The question is lease or hire?
     I currently do enough wdr to keep myself busy. All the carpet i do is with a portable myself. Now I know with a little marketing I could keep a tm busy on carpets & flood extraction.  Question is? Should I  Buy a tm & have to staff it my self or just find some one willing to lease one to my company & keep on marketing my company???????
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2004 at 3:35pm

Harvey: I believe this is a question for your account.  He will be able to tell you which is the most benifical to you company.  If you have the work than get a TM but weather to lease or but depends on your finances and how much of your line of credit you want to tie up.  That is where a lease is good. But you still have payments.  Maybe try used till you determine your market, than buy new.  I think this is a very complex question and I don't know enough about neither your workload nor your finiances to advise you on this issue.  Just my opinion.Guitar

I am sure someone can help just not me.

jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2004 at 3:39pm

always better to lease, it's a no brainer!

why tie up your cash?

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2004 at 9:25pm
the question is are you looking for new or used???.....how much work are you going to be doing????lease new if you have a lot of work...buy used if your not sure...
Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2004 at 2:57am
    you gurys have misinturprited  my  meaning os lease.
  What I mean by lease is have someone buy  their own van  &lease it on to me for finding the work for them.    Lets say for  30% of  income of every job I get them.  Doesn"t matter to me if iit is new or used as long as it runs when i need it!
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2004 at 8:59am

So you talking about  hiring a sub contractor.

Ok Steamer this one is for you, you are the expert in this field.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2004 at 9:08am

Originally posted by Harvey Harvey wrote:

you gurys have misinturprited  my  meaning os lease.
  What I mean by lease is have someone buy  their own van  &lease it on to me for finding the work for them.    Lets say for  30% of  income of every job I get them.  Doesn"t matter to me if iit is new or used as long as it runs when i need it!
well you better have a lot of jobs...or pay a higher percentage.. because new or used it gets pretty expensive to run a truck mount..  I think if you going to need it when you want it ...you better buy one your self....one or two jobs a week isn't going to cut it for a guy who's running a TM

have you seen the price of gas lately.....lol

something tells me I still missed the point

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2004 at 9:31am
Harvey:  Mr. Stremer makes a good point.  Subs are very good for overflow, but as our princple tm he also has to make a living.  If you have enough with water damage etc. I would suggest you get your very own tm.  Than the operator can be doing other things if things are slow.  Just my opinionGuitar
secondgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secondgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2004 at 9:28pm
you can pickup a running used truckmount for 7-8 thousand ,with water damage you will make that back fast buy a good used from a bigger company thats upgrading  you want to get one thats been maintained ,dont buy from a one man outfit he is only selling because the truck is a problem
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2004 at 10:28pm
check the kk site
 Post Reply Post Reply