Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Kenny's Corner- Questions about Equipment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 36>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2008 at 8:29pm
Yes, but they are a bit over-priced IMO.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

tide68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tide68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2009 at 2:04pm
hi guys, i'm new to the carpet cleaning business and i have a ? i have a 1004hv mytee i got from a friend i think it have 2-stage 3-vac 100psi.how much hose can i use on it? 
i want to learn more?
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2009 at 3:27pm
25-50ft
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2009 at 5:12pm
I would say50 ft since you are not moving much water and have strong extraction.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 5:24am
And 2" hose?
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 11:15pm
2" hose will cause extra puddling if the vacs are in series. If in paralel 2" works great.
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2009 at 12:52pm
Kenny

What is puddling?
John Bolton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2009 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Steam Man Steam Man wrote:

Kenny

What is puddling?

Steam Man,

It's a situation that results from insufficient airflow through the hose - leads to water sitting in the hose whilst air moves over the top.

Edited by John Bolton - 08/September/2009 at 10:32am
John Bolton MBICSc     
World of Clean
Cleantalk
stewartmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewartmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2009 at 3:02am
Does anyone know where to purchase best and affordable equipment in Australia? We are looking for some contacts
RIP IT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIP IT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2009 at 3:19am
Yes. What do you need?
Try clicking on the "Aussie" link at the bottom of the page.Wink

Edited by RIP IT - 11/September/2009 at 3:20am
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.
Mick Oz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2009 at 9:29pm
Stewartmedia.
For a broader range rather than clicking that link, ring the following in Australia
Carpet Cleaners Warehouse  1800 686869
Advanced Specialized Equipment 1800 068901
Prochem Australia 07 3890 1544

Mick
I'm a happy Little SLIDER
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2009 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by John Bolton John Bolton wrote:

Originally posted by Steam Man Steam Man wrote:

Kenny

What is puddling?

Steam Man,

It's a situation that results from insufficient airflow through the hose - leads to water sitting in the hose whilst air moves over the top.

Thanks John Wink
cleancarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2009 at 12:12pm

Hello friends.

Down here in Brazil our options on carpet cleaning gear are inexistent. We import, maintain, repair and resale all the equipment we use down here. That is why we need to be so careful before ordering new equipment. We use a 500 PSI heated system from Powerflite, also a powered brush wand. In my experience a regular wand with pressure (we use the wonderwand 500 psi) wond do a good job and kill my back in the process.

Normally we only do large areas (more than 800 SQYDs). Because of the quality of power lines in Brazil we need to keep one of the two vacuums off during the service (otherwise we would jump the circuit every 10 minutes). The heat we can turn on and off.

In my experience the heated system helps a lot, not so sure about the 500 PSI and the power brush is a must.

My questions to you guys:

1 – Does a 500 PSI system really make that much of a difference or can I save buying a 200 PSI system in my next purchase?

2 – Any input on the Rotovac 360?

3 – Any new technologies you might suggest me to try?

My apologies for the poor English and kind regards from Brasil!

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2009 at 12:29pm

1) 500 psi does not make as much difference for residential homes. 200 psi works fine as long as other areas of the cleaning pie are not overlooked.

2) Lots of info on the 360. Do a search on this site or others and you will find more than you need.

3) No, but I think you should get the most powerful portable extractor you can afford. The strongest is the Titan if you are looking at 3 -3 stage vacuum systems because it can use 220 volt power that you have. The Mytee 1005DX and Recoil machines are good too and also can run 220 volt power.

Edited by kkForumAdmin - 29/September/2009 at 3:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 36>