Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Ducts Down Under

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsjomie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ducts Down Under
    Posted: 10/October/2006 at 7:11pm
Greetings from Australia, wonder if anyone out there is able to direct me to a site that has comparision ratings etc on the different brands of Duct cleaning amchines available. This business is in it's infancy here in Australia and I am looking to expand it in Asia Pacific Region but it is extremely confusing at present as I seem to no tbe able to find any honest opinions etc. Like say the differneces between Rotorbrush and Ductbrush etc etc. Reliablity, ease of operation, etc etc. Thanks for reading.
Greetings from Downunder....
Sponsored Links

Frank P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2006 at 9:20pm
First off, don't try to clean air ducts with things like the Rotobrush et all. They are all junk if you really want to CLEAN the ducts. I use a gas powered unit from Meyer Machine & Equipment in Antioch, IL, USA. & an 18 HP air compressor to do most of the agitation. Boys & girls & gifted animals, it takes specialized equipment to clean ducts. A converted carpet cleaner is a poor excuse for a machine that will clean ducts right. A Rotobrush is only SLIGHTLY better. I mean only slightly. For the $10,000 buy good equipment.

Look on the Internet and you will find several companies that make units from big power take off truck vac's to portable gas units to portable HEPA filtered electric units. I own both gas and electric. I don't know if there are any Aussie manufacturers and I can only guess what the shipping cost would be for a gas portable vac. Mine weighs about 400 Lbs. Any good 2 stage compressor that will provide 18 - 35 CFM at 200PSI will work. Go with gas of course and keep it on the truck.

One thing no "carpet cleaning machine duct cleaner" will do is show his work by putting a video camera inside the ducts while he is cleaning. They would be there all day and NEVER get the ducts clean and their customer would be able to see that too.

I think it is better to buy equipment that is designed to clean ducts with negative air. Not Rotobrush etc...

Frank P.
Mo fo yo money View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mo fo yo money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2006 at 10:05pm
Exactly right Frankie.  If your not using negative air, you are not going to be able to do a good job.  Why spend money on a piece of crap when for the same money you could have great equipment and really get the ductwork clean.  I look forward to showing my customer how much "stuff" came out of their ducts and furnace and get them to take a few peeks before and after.  Clap

Gas portable - I like Meyer Machine & Equipment.

Electric portable - I prefer Abatement Technologies.

Mo

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 10:59am
All machines use negetative air to clean with, but the best cleaners also use a brush system for cleaning the sidewalls. If you think that just sucking 5000 cfm through a system without doing that is going to clean them, then I can tell you don't use a camera system to check your work.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
airtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2007 at 10:55am
Don't even think on Rotobrush, Motobrush or any brush-vac combination machine out there. Think full negative pressure, massive airflow! You WILL impress your clients, get the job done the way it should. Check Abatement Technologies, Air-Care, Heat Seal or Nikro equipment.
R. Villarreal
Air Tech
 Post Reply Post Reply