Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Price

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
moreforles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moreforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2011 at 10:53pm
includes pretreater included, along with general deodorizer (the smell of the cleaner is better than most houses when you first arrive) as far as what you can sell, the skies the limit... I've seen people selling scotch guard, additional cleaning services, from furniture, drapes, duct cleaning, and the latest craze - hard surface cleaning, Tile and other Stone surfaces....  and along with that, small bottles of spotters the customer can use until they reschedule a cleaning again, with your name on it, Pile brushes, air fresheners....   I used to give away the cheap $1 squirt bottles with my name on a label on it, with my cleaning solution in it.   I'ld rather they use it than grabbing a can of Resolve or dish washing liquid or even worse cleaner that would discolor the carpet.   plus for as long as they held onto the bottle (I refilled a large number of them for some time) they had my name and number in front of them

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moreforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2011 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by carpet cleaning NOVA carpet cleaning NOVA wrote:

so how do u much charge for carpet cleaning per room or sq foot? price include pretreatment? how much do u charge for teflon or sctochgard? I think i have idea about charging spot. $35 per spot. if its more than 3x3 charge more on spot. how much do u charge for a room for vacuum? what else u can sell and how much average charge? I just started carpet cleaning so I want to know how much other fellow carpet cleaners charge.

Currently charging $20 per room, $25 for a set of stairs, but relocating to NC this coming spring and plan on restarting, using a different company name, and charging higher prices, tired of working so hard, time to do little for more money....   I might offer some introductory discounts, but new prices will be known for when they re schedule the next time.  and Referral discounts up to 20% - thinking about pricing around $30/$35 a room, same for stairs.

I don't offer scotch guard, although i know it works, but don't like the fact that Teflon builds up in the human body.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moreforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2011 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Yikes. We are usually dry in 3-12 hours

usually 4 - 6 hours with a portable (Cheyenne) and 50 - 60' or inch and half vac hose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moreforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2011 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by watchman watchman wrote:

Hi guys just wondering how anyone else out there handles the price swings. My main competitors are the bay, sears, and crystal carpet clean. Being new to the business I keep an eye on the pricing of these guys and keep my prices about $10.00 per job less until I get established. I spent an evening printing out a few thousand flyers with a whole house cleaning package for $99.00(5 rooms, hall stairs). This was slightly less than the other guys until the bay offered the same package for $75.00 or $15.00 per room. The question is do I chuck this advert or just stick to my price and deliver them or do you guys let your prices flip flop with your competitors. will be watching for any replies thanks.

I know it's a late response, and question has already answered itself, but I would say (would have said) pass out your current flyers in higher priced areas and print some cheaper ones to compete with the others company in the low rent areas.   I've found that you get more work from the low rent areas, as they tend to treat their carpets worse and generally clean them more often, but usually want a cheap price, because that's all they can afford.  That being said, you can charge more in the high rent areas, suburbs, and make the same or better money and doing less jobs, which if you can schedule enough jobs, that's less wear and tear on you and your equipment AND they tend to do better as far as referring new customers as well.  

There are some companies out there that even play it from both ends, using a different phone number, and advertising with a different name, scheduling jobs on both the high end and low end at the same time.....

carpet cleaning NOVA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpet cleaning NOVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2011 at 10:45am
so how do u much charge for carpet cleaning per room or sq foot? price include pretreatment? how much do u charge for teflon or sctochgard? I think i have idea about charging spot. $35 per spot. if its more than 3x3 charge more on spot. how much do u charge for a room for vacuum? what else u can sell and how much average charge? I just started carpet cleaning so I want to know how much other fellow carpet cleaners charge.
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2011 at 11:24pm
Yes the same.  No more no less.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
Chris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2011 at 11:18pm

This thread hasn't been used in a while....are prices still about the same for everyone?

Chris
www.mypremierclean.com
John 3:16
fayetteville carpet cleaning
CDRX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDRX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2011 at 4:58pm
I still get calls from people who want a top quality cleaning for a budget price, usually immigrants who are accustomed to haggling and don't understand that you get what you pay for.  I don't haggle, if they want a cheap price they need to call a cheap cleaner.
disasterseo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterseo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2011 at 2:03pm
I am more apt to drop my prices earlier in the conversation to weed out shoppers- but only after telling them why we are different and why they should go with us. Then once I drop the price, I know that someone is serious or not. If they are just "looking for a deal" they need to realize that you do get what you pay for, and those with superior services should charge accordingly. 
TulsaCarpetCleaner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TulsaCarpetCleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2010 at 7:59am
Price will get more calls, but lower quality customers. I think its necessary until you have an established biz.
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

yea and pigs can fly?Pig
They can?
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2010 at 7:14pm
yea and pigs can fly?Pig
Just My opinion
NJCleaner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/July/2010 at 9:06am
Price shoppers keep your phone ringing and sometimes can turn into valuable long-term customers. 
New Jersey Carpet Cleaning upholstery and much more. We service New Jersey and the surrounding areas.
Warren150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2010 at 9:13pm
Hi duckcountry,
I am brand new to the biz.  Just starting my company and looking for price plans.
I would love a copy of your pricing calculator.

ThanksSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 31>