Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

help with cotton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2010 at 9:21am
Mt Steamer,

I have been in the business for 45 years, have given and received training - but we have never met. I have however met a large number of trained professionals, so maybe you don't get out enough Smile

Oh, and the majority of suites that I clean are either cotton or linen, so I think I know the fibre quite well.
John Bolton MBICSc     
World of Clean
Cleantalk
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2010 at 11:39pm
What I ment to say is there there is no text book method.... People use many different methods to clean the same thing. Changing an alternator on a BMW can only happen one way....a mechanic has to be trained and become a Trained Professional..

if you think you are a trained professional after taking the IICRC course for furniture...I LAUGH...

Most cleaners come up with methods that work for them...
www.mr-steamer.com
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2010 at 1:24pm
I like to use a self neutralizing ammonia cleaner with cotton. Staying with a low PH helps with yellowing and an acid rinse is also good. We use Dry tools which keeps it relatively dry. The water ring tip is a good one and if you see water rings on furniture their is a good chance it is cotton. They use to say to clean to your most sensitive fiber and cotton is sensitive to PH. So even if it is just 10 % cotton, clean it like its 100% cotton.
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2011 at 1:20pm
Some cotton can't be cleaned with water. What is the cleaning code symbol on the piece?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123