Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Weekend Rates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weekend Rates
    Posted: 16/February/2004 at 2:46pm
  I am just wondering if anyone else has weekend rates or after hours rates they charge for wdr.
I started a category 1 flood extraction on a friday evening, then removed laminate flooring, subflooring & lower kitchen cabinets on sat & sun. I usually charge extra for after hours flood extraction & emergency services. With drying equipment charges the invoice total is really climbing. Thinking about knocking off the after hours rates.
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2004 at 9:29pm
Harvey:  If you call a tow truck after hours do you pay extra?  If you call a plumber do they charge extra?  You have to consider that your knowledge, equipment and man power is woth something.  This is why even insurance companys expect to pay more.  You will find that not many water and smoke losses etc. come between 8 & 5.  So to pay people to be on call or how ever you handle it you will soon have to pay more for after hours.  After all you can,t leave till the job is done.   However I never do more after hours than just contain the damage.  Demolition is left for regular hours unless I have to drop a ceiling for saftey or some other major comcern.  But you wil find unless you have been authorized you may have a problem with the after hours demolition.  Since the floor & cabinest were already done what more damage could of occurred waiting till Monday?
Wotsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2006 at 11:39am

Harvey,

Just ran into a situation like this.  A fire sprinkler cooked off the Thursday before Christmas in a second story condo.  About a thousand gallons of water meant we had a busy weekend and it all went OT.  Our rate was $67.50.  You can judge if that is fair.

Steve

EmpireMike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2006 at 10:42pm
if the job must be done after hours we charge an average of 40% more

we pay our guys more and pass the expense on towards our customers
 Post Reply Post Reply