Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Air Duct Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Duct Cleaning
    Posted: 15/February/2004 at 10:19pm
Air Duct cleaning has got a as bad as the 2 room and a hall cleaners.  Like everything else it is not how good the job is, it is how cheap the job is.  I only use and reccommend certified companies, not he phone solictors.  Unfortunately  it looks the perfect add on but the investment is enormous for equipment not ot mention training.  That why there are so many used un its for sale the market is saturated.  I hope I have not offended any one as these opinons are my own unfortunately everyone will not agree. But at least it gets some people thinking.
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2004 at 1:15pm

I find that there is not bad money in it.I do agree however that good training is a must,and like CC there is alot of substandard work out there.  Where are all these used units for sale???LOL.

The only reason I do not do ducts is because of the High cost in start up for the system I would want to use.

BTW,I have cleaned plenty of furnaces and ducts working for others.

A.K.A.
Andy
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2004 at 10:42pm
I realize most don't agree with my opinions.  But it is important to get the ball rolling.  Glad to read your response.
LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2004 at 10:07pm

Well how about the Bay they use portable vacuums to clean the ducts!!

Its all perception Doug, they trust the Bay!!

Trust will ultimately beat out price.

Combine the two and its formidable.

Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/February/2004 at 10:53am

Howabout Home Depot?

Seen what they charge? I nearly choked when I got a hold of their price list. An example, $60.00 CAD to clean a gas water tank.

Scary thing is however, people will pay that because the TRUST of a big company. Fortunately, there is so much work out there that it doesn't hurt us little guys too much.

Take Care

-Ron H

secondgen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secondgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 8:41am
i saw a duct cleaning truck for sale for 4000us .it was 1980 and has the nine bags that come out the top did they have that stlye that long ago if no why would someone put such an expensive unit on a 1980 .any coments if its a good buy

Edited by secondgen
dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 6:24pm
i have a caddy vac furnace truck it was 92000.00 5 years ago best truck out there i have never seen 1 whith 9 filter bags maybe its home made look up caddyvac or www.biltwel.com but there not built as good i also have 2 tm carpet vans i cant clean carpets with my furn truck & sure the hell cant clean furnaces with a carpet van i dont care what anybody says . buy the rhight equpment for the job you are trying to do
guardian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2004 at 11:11am
I am starting up a new business and have searched for high quality equipment.So far I find heat seal equipment in Ontario to be #1 on price-quality.I am looking to purchase gas truck mount,If anyone knows of other high quality equipment ,let me know.would also consider a nice used complete setup.
dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2004 at 10:28pm
check out www.ductcleanerssupply.com  i really like my caddyvac it is one of the most user frendly units out there never had a break down on the unit yet the unit is going on 6 years i know alot of guy that have caddyvacs from 1 year to 23 years old & still working them some are very rusty & i think they shuold put them to rest they made there money back 1000s of times but they keep saying there going to work 1 more year then retire also www.caddyvac.com  it will show you the trucks but they are in the states you can get them built in edmonton,

Edited by dyna
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 11:14am
Heat and seal has 2 units....the small one doesn't work as effective...you need to go there and get a demo...it least I would
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 3:31pm

I DID DUCK CLEANING ONCE..........WHAT A MESS.........I HAD FEATHERS EVERYWHERE.......I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET TO HOLD THAT DUCK DOWN WHILE YOU'RE PULLING OUT HIS FEATHERS..........AND THE NOISE.........QUACK QUACK QUACK.

NIGHTRIDER

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2004 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

I DID DUCK CLEANING ONCE..........WHAT A MESS.........I HAD FEATHERS EVERYWHERE.......I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET TO HOLD THAT DUCK DOWN WHILE YOU'RE PULLING OUT HIS FEATHERS..........AND THE NOISE.........QUACK QUACK QUACK.

NIGHTRIDER

Man I'm sure Glad he's gone...foolishness everywhere
Fiber-Dry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiber-Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2007 at 9:02pm
Crazy duck...You are supposed to take the duck out before cleaning
Angelo Darin
Mick Oz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2008 at 10:51pm
Where would you take the duck out too?
Dinner or a few drinks maybe?
nightrider that really is a funny post, thanks for a good laugh.

Mick
I'm a happy Little SLIDER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>