Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Mold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2009 at 10:57pm
You need to ventilate that basement. If windows are too high, you can use a fan to ventilate the lower half of the room.

A dehumidifier helps when it is humid. Many people who live near the coast use 2 or 3 dehumidifiers. Turn them off when windows are open. You can buy instruments that measure indoor as well as outdoor humidity.

Try upholstery cleaners on furniture and bring it outdoors on a sunny day. If all windows and doors are tight, keep a window or two open a little except in winter when using heat. Also check your local hardware store for "damp-rid" or other similar items that work well in enclosed spaces. The chemicals in those canisters are similar to ice-melt, I believe. phoenix water damage restoration
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2009 at 10:52am
One should only give advice if one knows whrt they are talking about?
Just My opinion
jerryjacson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryjacson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2009 at 7:18am
SmileAn effective way to remove mold is the Ice Blasting. Ice Blasting do well in stripping paints, oils and bio films; and is also useful for many cleaning applications. This dry procedure is non-abrasive and nonconductive and easy to use. Best Restoration systems may be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical parts and a deep way for mold removal and mold cleaning.
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2009 at 8:34pm

Easy to use LOL

Sure anyone can do it!
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2009 at 8:37pm

DIY???Question

Just My opinion
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2009 at 8:50pm
I find it very relaxing dry ice blasting in a 2 foot crawl space or better yet an attic. It's really something everyone would enjoy!
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2009 at 9:47pm
Yeah, like half of us could even fit in a 2 foot crawl spaceLOL

The STD Meter
jerryjacson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryjacson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2009 at 4:29am
Other method to prevent mold.........
Prevent moisture due to condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in air. To increase surface temperature, insulate or increase air circulation. To reduce the moisture level in air, repair leaks, increase ventilation (if outside air is cold and dry), or dehumidify.
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2009 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by jerryjacson jerryjacson wrote:

Other method to prevent mold.........
Prevent moisture due to condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in air. To increase surface temperature, insulate or increase air circulation. To reduce the moisture level in air, repair leaks, increase ventilation (if outside air is cold and dry), or dehumidify.

This is why I always recommend just burning the house to the ground.  It increases the surface temp while reducing the moisture level.
You could also wrap the entire house in 12 layers of R30, open the windows, shut off the water main and use a Japanese hand fan to increase ventilation.  Add dry ingredients and mix.  Bake in oven at 550 for 12 hours leave on a cooling rake to dry.

I'll try your recommendations instead Jerry.  You sound like you really know how to type, copy and paste.  You are my hero.   
I am sure all the pros here are intent on learning something new from you.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2009 at 12:09pm
Other method to prevent mold.........don't let things get wet.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
RIP IT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIP IT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2009 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

I find it very relaxing dry ice blasting in a 2 foot crawl space or better yet an attic. It's really something everyone would enjoy!

Cheaper than flying to Aspen to find a blizzard.
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.
Jonatham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonatham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2016 at 7:08am
Mildew is one of the most evil allergens, it is toxic and carcinogenic.I think if it is in really deep it won't come out but if it is fairly mild it will - I got rid of mould from my bathroom and shower grout mildew using a http://amzn.to/1W5OxdM - mould spray  which you just spray on and it will clear it up. Also this product is without bleach and without absolutely exhausting amounts of "elbow grease".You can try any good cleaner though from the supermarket but this mould spray  it's magic, after 10 minutes all grout mildew was gone.
EnviroClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnviroClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2021 at 3:55pm
You need to remove the source of the mold (dripping water, high humidity, etc) and then remove it. If you just remove it without addressing the root of the problem, you are no better off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12