Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

New Rotovac 360� Video Wow Factor!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2006 at 5:46pm
THE TEFLON GLIDES ON THE ROTOVAC 360 NEED TO BE HARDER THAN THEY ARE BECAUSE THE TACK STRIPS NAIL ON THE EDGES WEAR THEM EASE. HOW DO YOU THINK THEY CAN BE IMPROVED?
MVM
Sponsored Links

nextlevel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nextlevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2006 at 9:16pm
I had the same problem with my Rotovac. In just a few uses  the glides were also very ate up from things like tack strip, etc. I think that this may actually be a  benefit however, since it acts sort of like glides do, allowing the air to flow faster across those striations in the  teflon.

Celestialcarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celestialcarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2006 at 8:50pm
That is a good point.  My teflon heads on my 360 are hacked up a little, but I think it actually seems to help a little.  I filed mine down a little so they dont snag though.  The new 360 motors seem to have a problem though.  My first motor of 2 months ago bought the biscuit, and they sent me a new one under warranty.  It seems they fixed a component in the gear box that makes them more durable.  Well, my new one overheated one day.  It actually stopped working for a few minutes.  I guess this first gen of 360's needs to get a few kinks out.  The new motor rotates a tad slower than the original.  I am pretty positive of this because I used the original a lot, and the new "more durrable" motor rotates a little slower.  Overall, it is money well spent since Rotovac told me I have a life time warranty on the thing.  They have made good on this with 2 pretty costly parts shipped to me at no charge.  Anyhow, happy rotovacing!

Celestial
LUCAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2006 at 1:02pm
I believe that because the teflon shoes are been roughened up by the nails on the tack strips they do dot slide as ease as they should over the surface of the carpets creating to much friction and making the motor work harder. We will be better of if Rotovac address this issue quickly to prevent this great machine from delivering a trouble free service.
MVM
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2006 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by LUCAS LUCAS wrote:

I believe that because the teflon shoes are been roughened up by the nails on the tack strips they do dot slide as ease as they should over the surface of the carpets creating to much friction and making the motor work harder. We will be better of if Rotovac address this issue quickly to prevent this great machine from delivering a trouble free service.

Rotovac are on-the-ball a well ahead of the curve. They have metal dentures to install and will be available very soon. This is simply to nice of a unit to be recieving bad press.

Keep in touch with Rotovac, they or their distributors will look after you. Thumbs Up
LUCAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2006 at 5:32pm
Dear Sr> This is a forum for business people who own this great machine rotovac 360, just because we are talking about issues that we see as a result of our experince on the field and how they need to be addres and improved by rotovac does not mean that the machine is not a great performer. If we do not bring this issues to them they will never know of what is going on in the field. My interest is to be a positive force for rotovac.
MVM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celestialcarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2006 at 11:40pm
Carpetologist, please excuse the misunderstanding.  I don't think Lucas knows that you are the one running this discussion board.  Lucas, this is his website, he is the host. 

The rotovac 360 runs a tad slower, has anyone else noticed this with the new motors?  My new motor even overheated on me, but ran after a few minutes cool down.  I am loving carpet cleaning with my 360.  Money well spent.  I just billed a record month, and it looks like I am going to bill even better this month.  Thanks Rotovac, and thanks Carpetologist for this site. 

I hope this thing keeps running strong.  Carpetologist, are you offering the lifetime warranties like Washington is?  They told me to tell them everything that goes wrong, my likes and dislikes.  They said even if this thing falls off my truck on the interstate, they would send me a new one for life.  Now that is a company that is backing a product.

Celestial
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2006 at 3:44pm
If you check the glides on this machine, you will find they are not made from Teflon at all. They are made from nylon. Teflon has the ability to self heal and not be much effected by the stratchs that get put into it. The glides I designed for this machine are made of Teflon, and do not have the problems you mention here. They will soon be done their testing trials and be available to you, so you can improve the performance of this machine. Interestingly, the machines that have these glides on them are not having the motor problems as well. I can only suspect it is because the motor has to work less hard to turn teflon glides than it does to turn a less slippery glide material.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 28/November/2006 at 4:25pm
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2006 at 6:03pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 23/November/2007 at 7:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celestialcarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2006 at 4:56pm
He is full of crap if you ask me.  He does not even own the machine, and he is quoting tests and all that.  Ken, you need to just quit man.  I am open to you having a fresh start, just cut the sh** man.  Everyone here knows you haven't even used a 360, and you probably don't even know anyone who has, so cut it man.  As for the self healing stuff, I don't know how you come up with this stuff man.  My teflon glide is going to heal itself.  You are killing me.  

"Brains --what???? I thought they were saying trains, and I am still down at the station" --TeflonKen/SuperGlideKen/FullofSH**Ken  or what ever you are going by now. 

Carpetologist, can you get this guy off your site, he is going to bring this site down man.  I know you know he is full of it, just cancel his account or something, so we true carpet cleaners can have community.

-Celestial
With a motion to have Ken Removed...Can I get a Second motion?
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2006 at 12:11pm
Jack: I don't own this machine. But I have 3 beta testers that do. They are working with me(free glides)to help perfect some better glides for it. I will be selling them when the testing is completed to my satisfaction. That will not happen until all 3 testers tell me I have an excellant product. In the past, I released product to the market that did not have enough testing before release. That is not going to happen anymore.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2006 at 3:06pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 23/November/2007 at 7:18pm
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2006 at 3:36pm

everyone uses superglides

www.mr-steamer.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2006 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

everyone uses superglides

They do?Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>