Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Blower noises

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blower noises
    Posted: 06/April/2004 at 10:34pm
How Loud should a blower be??????mine seems really really loud...I've made sure my muffler is on ...but still seems loud...any ideas????
People & Standards You Can Trust
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 10:56pm
The last time SHE wasn't loud at all, she just blew, moaned, gagged a little and left. Nobody heard a thing. You better get a new blower.
bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2004 at 11:24pm

I have a steamway, and seems quiet to me...however the town police came knocking on my door 3 x's when I was cleaning my own house.  Said I was creating a disturbance.  neigbor complained.  Been to the City P.W. and hopefully got it settled.  The city ordnance does not have any decibal rating on noise.  Anyone can complain about anything...i.e.lawn mowers, weed eaters, harley davidsons, city equipment, etc etc etc.

We will see next time, if this is settled.  Any suggestions.  Trying to keep peace, but may not be able to.

amazingpower
steamdragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 12:00am

I have an old 4100 steamway and its not to loud , but I found its

heat is the best!! Nothing is hotter than a steamway unit.

Steamdragon the hotter the better.
Tapis Carpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapis Carpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 1:53pm
IF YOUR STEAMWAY IS HOTTER THAT 290 F.........YOU'RE RIGHT........BUT I DOUBT IT. MY OLD DODGE GIVES ME 290 PLUS.........AT TIMES I HAVE TO SHUT DOWN 'CAUSE ONLY STEAM COMES OUT AND THAT IS SCARY STUFF.
IF WE CAN'T CLEAN IT / NOBODY CAN
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 2:31pm
290 f...wow....your hoses would burn black like mine...it would melt the carpet where ever it lay...it would kill grass and soften ashphalt
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 3:45pm
I don't clean homes with this truck, you know it's overkill, I only do restaurants and I have never melted a carpet, but have yellowed grass real quick and it does soften ashphalt but only if it's already in the high 80's outside in the sun. All of my cleaning is a night. Never had a problem with hoses, except that old hoses that came with the truck, I blew the ends off of two 50 footers, but it was during the day cleaning my club.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 9:09pm
There is nothing hotter than a steamway unit !!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 9:15pm
Stanley: All my pro chem units have been quiet.  I had a blower go on 1 Bruin at 700 hrs. it started knocking.  I had the small connection between the blower and the muffler go. It went on the bottom side so it wasn't visible the unit just got louder and louder.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 9:27pm
Stanley, time to trade up for a new one! Get the 405 like Doug!
dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2004 at 11:45pm
stanly asked about noise not heat anserw the ??????? i have a 1992 cleanco it is laud now they said the muffler is getting old my 2002 cleanco 47 half as noisy as the 1992 check muffler also check temp of blower with a digital thermomater i had 1 go it was getting lauder & lauder it took about 4 mounths before it went cost alot check early save some money
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 11:19am
What a crock of dung.  Hot, Hotter, Hottest give me a break.  You guys never give up.  You don't need to be IICRC certified you need to be STATIONARY ENGINEERS TO BE ABLE TO WORK WITH ALL THIS PRESSURE AND HEAT. Your trucks must have a boiler room, they must have a smoke stack.  Do you have to fence an area off aroung the mamoth boilers while you are working? And nightrider if you used the indoor plumbing you would not be turning the grass yellow. If your truck is going to steam you have a problem and I think it is the operator.  You guyes must have a 100 gallon oil tank with you.  I must quit the more I type, the more I think of you hot shots going up to sombody's door dressed up like Kacey Jones with your stripped overalls and stripped cat. After all you guys have steam engines don't you????  This of cource is based on the information I have been given to form my opinion.
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 2:54pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

What a crock of dung.  Hot, Hotter, Hottest give me a break.  You guys never give up.  You don't need to be IICRC certified you need to be STATIONARY ENGINEERS TO BE ABLE TO WORK WITH ALL THIS PRESSURE AND HEAT. Your trucks must have a boiler room, they must have a smoke stack.  Do you have to fence an area off aroung the mamoth boilers while you are working? And nightrider if you used the indoor plumbing you would not be turning the grass yellow. If your truck is going to steam you have a problem and I think it is the operator.  You guyes must have a 100 gallon oil tank with you.  I must quit the more I type, the more I think of you hot shots going up to sombody's door dressed up like Kacey Jones with your stripped overalls and stripped cat. After all you guys have steam engines don't you????  This of cource is based on the information I have been given to form my opinion.

Wow...do you know what? we all need to stop posting...when I a guy tells you what he and his truck can do...he should know....don't call him a liar

dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 10:05pm
i run my tm at 192 that is hot enough for me i dont have no trubles cleaning but i use proper chem & techniques. i would like to see your hydaforce bottles they must just melt away you must burn your hands alot & go thourgh alot of fittings .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>