Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Pump-Up Sprayers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pump-Up Sprayers
    Posted: 11/February/2004 at 3:56pm
We are still currently using the old Chapin Stainless Steel wide-mouth pump up sprayers (3.5-4 gallon) for our pre-spray. However, these things are at least 20 years old, and finding parts (especially shut off valves) are becoming impossible to find. I was just wondering if anybody is still using these things or else what are the preferred choices if and when we decide to change.

Johnny
If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2004 at 1:18pm
Pepsi sprayers are great.No more pumping for me.I'm not a big fan of Hydroforces.

Edited by Steaminpile
A.K.A.
Andy
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2004 at 10:37pm
There is a product on the market called a hydro force sprayer.  They are available in high pressure for truckmounts and low pressure for portables.  You shoult talk to Ted and he will explain the benefits.
LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2004 at 9:47pm

There is a new type of Hydroforce called a Spraymaster that is cheaper and has an adjustment for dilutions.

You'll never go back!

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2004 at 5:47pm

Chapin sprayers are still manufactured in the USA. If you have used them for over 20 years stick with a good thing. Although we will be selling a sprayer in the spring of 2004 made in the Chec Republic of all places. We have sold them before and find they are excellent. Our site will show them when we get stock.

Here is a link to Chapin's website.
http://www.chapinmfg.com/start.html

kool-aid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kool-aid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2004 at 5:29pm
Tell me more about these Pepsi sprayers.  Its hard to find a good pump up sprayer.  Either the handle breaks easily, or the spray extension gets snagged on my truck and breaks off.  What are Pepsi sprayers, are they good, price?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2004 at 8:42pm
Maybe if everyone is so struck on pump up sprayers maybe they should ask their cliental where they buy their garden sprayers.  I remember at one time it may cost a little more but as being paid professionals we tried not to use what the client could  buy at the hardware store.  Don't get me wrong there are times when pump up sprayers are ok if you like spending time measuring and mixing. If your time is worth nothing than pump up is for you.  If you think your techs out on the job like mixing chemicals pump ups are for you.
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2004 at 9:22pm

Do yourself a favour and buy 2 of everything.

2 wands, 2 sprayers, 2 machines, etc...

You never know when equipment failure is going to happen. And usually at the worst times. 

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2004 at 10:57pm
I believe that is why this form was started so people can ask questions and get advice from people who have already made mistakes because something like this wasn't available to them.  There is no excuse for trial and error in this day and age.  Not every product is best suited for everone.  But finding out the pros and cons about particular equipmnet used by other people can certainly help the new cleaners and the old alike. There is no need to fill your shop with things that just don't work and cleaners that don't clean.  Thanks to a form like this.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2004 at 2:06am

Pepsi sprayers are 5 gallon stainless steel cans (look like a pump up) that you can fill with air (I have a small compressor in the van) and it will spray a far stronger stream than a pump up .

It will spray until can is empty if you fill it with 80-90psi with 3-4 gallons prespray.

I do not like hydroforces,pain in the a ,never feel confident that the apropriate mixture is being applied and  they lay down far more moisture than is necessary IMO.

I hear alot of good things about Spraymaster sprayers but have never tried one.

but I lose all kinds of money spending almost 2 seconds measuring the amount of chemical needed

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2004 at 7:42am
The whole reason to pre spray is to lay down enough cleaner to surround the soil and give it dwell time.  If not enough is used to achieve this you have wasted your time.  A fine mist for a pre spray does not cut it.  Over wetting does not either.  That is where the right sprayer tip is important.  You want to lay down an even spray and if necessary agitate bad spots not attempt to blast the soil off.  I would have to guess from your 2 seconds that water is not added and you must use the glug method to try and use up your 2 seconds while all the time your compressor is pumping up your pepsi can.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2004 at 11:14am

o.k. I forgot the 30 seconds to pump it up WHATEVER.

judging by that logo under your name you should be agitating the carpets anyways if you clean to their standards.

pepsi sprayers spray MUCH more pressure than a pump up

to each their own really

I personally got sick and tired of constantly repairing my hydroforce.

I don't like having to connect and disconnect when moving furniture or if I think an area could use another shot of prespray and fighting with the solution hose when spraying (this doesn't take time??).

my hydroforce doesn't dilute properly under high heat either.

I also run an acid rinse,so I don't care to run out to the van to shut it off every time I want to switch to prespraying.

It's a matter of preference in my opinion

Post Reply Post Reply