Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

What should you look for in a product?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should you look for in a product?
    Posted: 05/April/2004 at 6:52pm

What should you look for in a product?

• Top cleaning performance

• Freshness and pleasant in odour

• Softness in feel (Allergy Free)

• No redeposition

• Non-corrosive (to protect your equipment)

• No residue or residue that dries to an absorbent powder

• Not an oil slick (as many do)

• Evironment Friendly (Third party or government tested)

All in all you want a product that is HEALTHY for you, your family and your employess. And especially your customers homes (Remember those who pay the bills)

Ninety percent of my custmers never ever appear to consider the health issues. Why? Are we all brainwashed that if it is bad for you and makes you cough then it must be kick *ss and good for the carpet?

Imagine I got through all this and never mentioned price.

Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 12:36pm

I am presently awaiting a product from California that cost 34.95 $ american per gallon ( min purchase 4 gallons =1 case) plus 20.00 UPS shipping to Plattsburgh. I would have to pick up there. So in all this stuff will cost me approx. $ 73.00 /gallon

This stuff has 90 % active ingrediants and is environemtally friendly, no caustic, no voc's, no buytl, made from orange peels and will actually melt tar off of mahinery.

The dilution ratio for carpets, is 100/1.  For cleaning kitchen hoods the ratio is 75/1.

Ted.....find me a degreaser that I can purchase for 72 cents a gallon.

NIGHTRIDER

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 10:19pm

Question: How do you know if your Deodorizer-Sanitizer-disinfectant or Rainwater etc. what ever you claim to use on carpets is working satisfactorily.

Answer: If it works on carpets it should equally work in your soil tank after you extract. If your soil tank smells skunky then its not working on the carpet either.

Save yourself money don't use it:

I think I will name my next smelly snake oil deodorizer Perception and sell it cheep or do I mean Deception.

Somebody do you have a formula for me? because I can't afford to sell this new stuff cheap if I use the formula that works.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 10:22pm

Sorry to say Ted...I go through Deo-Dis like water....as long as it smells good in the customers house...thats all I need to know....

If you believe it will work!

People & Standards You Can Trust
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 11:44pm

I HAVE A FORMULA FOR YOU TED, 1 CUP OF CRESOL,.....2 CUPS OF ETHANOL,.....1 CUP OF FORMALDEHYDE,.....1/2 CUP OF PHENOL & XYLENE, .....SHAKE WELL THEN ADD A FRAGRANCE OF YOUR CHOICE ( LEMON OR CHERRY )

NIGHTRIDER

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/April/2004 at 11:50pm

Here's a good one for all of you out there that have a dog, and want a good flee repellent............ Combine orange peels, grapefruit peels, three cloves garlic, one tablespoon rosemary (optional), and one pint of water in a blender, blend until liquefied, and then heat mixture on low heat for 15 minutes. Strain liquid into spray bottle, spray on pet, and massage thoroughly into pet's coat, avoiding the eyes.

Nightrider

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 6:20pm

First we should KNOW that the product is SAFE for us and the customer.

Second it must be effective

Third is must be efficient.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 6:31pm
And Fouth make sure with all the Citrus Acid Nightrider is using on the dog, hair won't fall out.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 10:01pm

I use the safe stuff

Ultrachem

It works on all fabrics and works VERY well.

Not the cheapest ,but I've yet to try anything that works as good that is environmentally safe.

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 10:06pm

Then you ought to try abstraction SteamPile, Abstraction TLC is totally safe and STRONG enough to do the job.

Works on all fabrics and is good for upholstery as well.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 11:32pm

Value...Value...Value

I got great suction...I have good Heat.....good Solution for the money is what I want in a product.

It has to be good...and the price has to be right....

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 11:42pm

Andy you say that Ultrachem is expensive?

Here in Toronto a gallon af Clean is $20.00.

We have discontinued using the product. Techs get a headache bonneting and used through a hydroforce the guys were coughing.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 11:48pm

I like the regular stuff.....

Some attack..or suspend...F-77....dry slurry

I will say this Big Name Products do get the job done....The key is to MEASURE everything you use...Just don't through it in with a guessamate

MEASURE

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2004 at 11:46am
[QUOTE=LilNiteRidrhood]

Andy you say that Ultrachem is expensive?

Here in Toronto a gallon af Clean is $20.00.

We have discontinued using the product. Techs get a headache bonneting and used through a hydroforce the guys were coughing

$33 a gal. here

just not all that concentrated really

been using it for a year with no problems

I do have some serious boogers at the end of the day lol

Post Reply Post Reply