Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Truckmount in a Ford E250 V6???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qcraftsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Truckmount in a Ford E250 V6???
    Posted: 21/January/2006 at 11:01am

First Post:  I am possibly purchasing the Masterblend Eldiablo TM. 

What do you guys think about putting a Truck Mount in my Ford E250 V6 Van?  I know the suspension is good for it, but having only a V6 engine I am a little worried. 

I usually have a Truck Force, Propane Heater, Honda Generator and they weigh akmost 500 pounds filled up and the Van drives great. They say the Eldiablo is around 600-700 lbs. 

What do you all think???

www.qcraftsman.com
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2006 at 11:08am

if you have a fresh water tank too.... could be trouble...

tranny can't take that kind of load

Edited by MR. STEAMER
www.mr-steamer.com
qcraftsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qcraftsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2006 at 11:13am

I will probably get the fresh water tank also.  It is a 2002 Van with only 70,000 miles so I am wondering if i'd be ok. 

I drove it the other day with all of my water damage equipment and had over 1000 lbs and it rode great.   Decisions, Decisions...

www.qcraftsman.com
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2006 at 1:08pm

carrying water is a little different.... 100 gallon fresh water tank filled is about 700 lbs alone...

plus the push and the pull on the van when stopping....hard on the front suspension, brakes and trannny

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2006 at 1:40pm
I think a gallon of water weights around 10lbs if I am not mistaken? Oh I see you are talking US. Still too heavy for a FORD?
Just My opinion
qcraftsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qcraftsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2006 at 1:47pm
So does anyone here have or know of someone who has a 6 Cylinder Van with a Truck Mount.
www.qcraftsman.com
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2006 at 2:20pm
nope... not a smart person anyways
www.mr-steamer.com
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2006 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by qcraftsman qcraftsman wrote:

So does anyone here have or know of someone who has a 6 Cylinder Van with a Truck Mount.

no but my step dad has an E250 with over 450,000 km's and he's never done anything but haul weight with it since 1988 with very little-- no problems

Edited by Steaminpile
A.K.A.
Andy
bbf78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbf78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2006 at 8:06pm

Originally posted by qcraftsman qcraftsman wrote:

Emilio's Carpet Cleaning in Chandler, Az has been running an  E-250 with a 300 straight six, for years now.

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2006 at 8:30pm

There's a guy here in Montreal with a PTO system using a Chevy Van 1/2 Ton with the 6 cyl 4.3 Vortec engine. It's an old Cleanco Classic and works well for him. Same engine & Tranny since 95.......he's happy.

He does not have a fresh tank .......only waste, does only commercial and connects garden hose direct to unit

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2006 at 9:02am

luck is one thing......Just get the proper truck for the job.....

go 1 ton

www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2006 at 5:05pm

If you're not going to carry a full tank of fresh water and even if you do, place the tank sideways in the truck instead of against the walls 1/2 ton is good enough.

I know of 3 Truckmounts installed in a mini van......PTO style, no problems.

If you can install a whole unit onto a trailer 1/2 ton has got to be better than that.

Nightrider

RealCleanCarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealCleanCarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2006 at 12:03am
NightRider,

I just sent you a PM.
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2006 at 12:22am

I JUST SENT YOU THE INFO......GOOD LUCK

NIGHTRIDER

Post Reply Post Reply