Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Commercial carpet caos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commercial carpet caos
    Posted: 27/December/2005 at 1:10pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Tim and I am new to the industry and I am currently a Mohawk flooring essentials marketing manager for C & S Carpet and Floorcoverings.  We are trying to clean a commercial cut-pile nd are not having any success with the removal of the high traffic areas.  The soil is a soot from the warehouse that consists of lift truck tire dust and asphalt residue.  We have tried everything as far as Mohawk can provide and had no success.  Now I'm trying the Pro's Choice Pro Powder 2000 with a ph of 10 and the Ultra TLC pre-spray. It seemed to have lightened the spots but didn't remove them.  The carpet is old and there is no record of what was used to clean it before us.  It did, however, foam a great deal while extracting the pro powder 2000.  Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 1:39pm

This is a job for a product from the ACME carpet company. What you need is a carpet knife and a set of 12 new blades. In those high trafic areas non slip ceramic tiles looks nice.

Better put your marketing skills to work............don't forget...............show the customer the benefits, and always be closing.

Nightrider

Tim M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 2:40pm
Thanks man, that is what i was thinking as well.  The carpet is in bad shape and the soil will probably never come up. Good thing I just bought a new knife.LOL!
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 3:02pm

Tim M..........just a wild idea I had.............take a pic of the bad area, load it in your computer click and paste a tile floor over the bad parts and show the customer what it will look like after the renovation is done. I am not computer savey so I don't know how to do that, but the perhaps you can find out.

Nightrider

DANDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 12:02am

Hi Guys,

New to the site. Any good suggestions on selling the Rotovac system to clients. I'm purchasing a system in 2 weeks.

Dan

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 12:09am

Sell yourself.............the Roto-Vac is only one of the tools you use

Nightrider

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 8:09pm

DANDY,

We will have a RotoVac demo model up on this site very soon. Nightrider has given you good advice. If your budget is healthy buy one as they are excellent for cleaning extremely soiled and trashed carpets.

Who wants to clean this type of carpet. The owners generally have no money or are looking for pricing that is not profitable to you.

bartp27772 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartp27772 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2006 at 9:35pm
Not every carpet can be saved. Alot depends on whether to salvage a carpet. Only from experience will you know what to suggest to your customer. I've tried a product that is called "brown out" and "lift it"
 it seems to work well for me. Ipurchased it from a local janitorial place in my area.

I also found it from global chem
bartolo pinto
 Post Reply Post Reply