Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Chemspec Chem’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 2:04pm

Thanks............I found it. I'm not really sure if all this even falls in line with our products, although the guidelines are no more than what I mentioned, they seem to refer to " a controlled product " Degreasers, cleaning fluids, ban-o, cleaners containing butyl, javel, etc etc and all normal carpet cleaning products DO NOT fall under the guidlines of a " Controlled Product ".

As I mentioned before, as long as the labels are affixed to the containers, and there are msds sheets in a secure location where the employees have access to, and that the labels are in either English or French depending where you live all is within guidelines.

A 15 minute verbal instructional lesson is suffice and hope the employees can read, understand the language, and are not foolish enough to mix and shake things all around to try to get a spot off the wall.

General Lee, you are a Drama Queen, I would love to hear your fishing stories.

How big was the fish you caught Lee, THIS BIG.......How Big..........THIS BIG..........How Big...........THIS BIG...........How Big...........THIS BIG...........How Big.........................THIS BIG

I THOUGHT SO

NIGHTRIDER

Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 2:47pm

one thing I have to agree with is that when I started my biz and ever since there has yet to be any authority figure ask me about my chemical or WHIMIS knowledge

yes I've taken the courses and refreshers it's just that I don't think anyone cares except me

A.K.A.
Andy
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 2:58pm

Don't count on any government agency asking you any question regarding your knowledge about chemicals, because they are not dangerous enough to warrant any inspection.

You have a 2 ton weapon in your hands everyday, that things can go wrong with, when was the last time you got stopped for a road inspection of your truck or car.

When was the last time you know of anybody that got a ticket smoking while putting gas into their car.

Rules and regulation are put on the books to make the politians look like they're doing a good job.

Nightrider

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 9:53pm

Bullroar.

I have a chronic sinus drip, I believe it is from the misuse of enzymes.\

I know many who can't tolerate butyls anymore.

The bottom line is WHMIS is an "information system".

Workers have rights. Supervisors and employers also have responsibilities.

As for no dangerous products on our trucks-would you drink or wipe yourself down with rust remover? how about Microban? Have a spot on your pants? Pour some dry solvent on it ? Right?

Wakey, wakey sunshine.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 10:03pm

Alright General Lee, You WIN. I know that this is a touchy topic for you, so let's just leave it at the 2 of us agreeing to disagree.

As far as your sinus drip, perhas you should look at the conditions you live under.........cats, dogs, roaches, mice, rabbits, clothes detergents, hair spray, whatever.

Maybe, it's just your sinus's themselves. Tap on your cheek bones just under your eyes, if you feel pain, then you have an underlying problem other than chemicals.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 11:11pm

A few chemical manufacturers in the States have emailed me several times asking me to cool it with my calling their chems "poison". They prefer the word "toxic". Go Figure, what is the difference?

But these same manufacturers are the first to admit that too many of their end user customers have no respect for the ingredients or the potency of the chemicals they use.

The reason I am so hostile on this subject is that too many of us don't respect the cleaning solutions we use. There is too much of this "ah, don't worry" type attitude.

I agree that with most products we use its unlikely that a single exposure  is going to affect us very much.

However use these same chemicals all day, 6 days a week, 50 weeks a year, for 30 years ---- I don't believe there may not be repercussions.

Thats why we must identify the products that have the D2 stylized T symbol to our employees, they do after all have the right to know of the hazards to which they are exposed. Whether they be immediate or from long term exposure.

You see Mr. Nightrider, its exactly people like you and your indifference that I am trying to change ever so slightly.

Now if you'll excuse me I have another wall to go bang my head against LOL

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2005 at 12:00am

Come bang your head here...........I need some walls torn down ...................

You know I always like to have the last word, so here goes................The same lives you are protecting are lives that belong to the typical type of person that smokes cigarettes, maybe takes drugs, stays up all night , eats unhealthy,( hot dogs, McDonalds, fries, pizza, you know all the crap ) drinks gallons of beer every week, not to mention the hard stuff, runs after and screws everything in a skirt ( flirting with sexual disease )

Then they turn around and say.........OH NO, Not Me, I'm NOT using Butyl............it's too dangerous

Nightrider

Glidemaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glidemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2005 at 11:04am
Very True Jack.
*********GLIDEMASTER*********
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2005 at 4:59pm

Steaminpile... I use Enz-All for comm...And PreKleen for res...

Emulsifier i use powerclean detergent....

rmcnall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcnall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2005 at 10:52pm

Mr. Nightrider

I have been in Lee's office and have seen his van.  I have spent a lot of time with Lee this past year.  He does not lie.  He uses what he says he is using.  Lee is very pationate about his products, and gets excited.  Which I find very funny. 

So I would think you should load your brain before shotting your mouth off

Join the FIO you will not be sorry
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2005 at 10:58pm
Well Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I guess you have been told.  So there? Take that?
Just My opinion
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2005 at 11:34pm

You find that funny eh?

I think I'm a bit hurt.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/December/2005 at 11:40pm

Alright........rmcnall.................Thanks for the endorsement on Lee's behalf.

Now go collect your 5 bucks from the General

Which one are you in the Cuckoo's Nest Picture

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
rmcnall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcnall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2005 at 8:04am

I am not in any of those pics and I will not collect 5 bucks from Lee or anyone in those pics. 

Once again you assume too much sir     

Edited by rmcnall
Join the FIO you will not be sorry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>