Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Chemspec Chem’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 8:41pm

heaven forbid CC's who are driving around with a van full of CHEMICALS know anything about chemistry before spraying them all over a customers home

A.K.A.
Andy
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 8:44pm

What's your point Steaminpile.................not sure where you're going with that statement

Nightrider

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 8:48pm

you seemed to be implying that there was no need for chemistry knowledge to be a rug sucker???

maybe I misread?

A.K.A.
Andy
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 8:57pm

Are you feeling alright Steaminpile.............of course there's no need, otherwise there would be regulations, permits, certification, mandatory classes, etc ,etc imposed by the government.

That's why cleaning chemicals must come with proper labels and in some cases msds sheets for the emloyees to administer proper use and medical information.

All the so called chemicals that you're using is on average 83% water

Knowledge never hurts, but unless you're retarded or hire a retard to work for you, the only chemisty knowledge you'll need as a carpet cleaner is how to make a cup of coffee in your truck between jobs.

1 cup black coffee, add 2 sugars, 2 cream, stir gently, and drink slowly...........carefull............it can be HOT.

Nightrider

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 9:15pm
Nightrider I stroked out the sugar & cream on my MSDS sheet.  No mixture required. May be administered strait?

Edited by doug
Just My opinion
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 9:38pm

well I've personally seen some disasters with technicians mixing chems together

btw......don't mix citrus liquid with a 2 part coffee stain remover and sell it to the customer as the best stain remover ever

it will explode before they get to use it

I guess I'm more concerned with being a GOOD CC rather than a run of the mill rug sucker

A.K.A.
Andy
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 9:59pm

What the heck are you guys talking about?

Do you have no knowledge of the WHMIS laws in Canada.

Any worker using cleaning chemistry with a WHMIS symbol on it must know:

-the hazards associated with the use if the chemical

-the controls, safety measures and PPE required with the use of the chemical

-where to obtain the MSDS and how to interpret an MSDS

-how to properly dispose of the chemical

This is the minimum required in Canada.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 10:24pm

That's NOT TRUE General Lee.The worker does not have to know anything about the chemical, neither does he/she have to know how to interpret the msds info,NO controls, NO safety measures,& DOES NOT have to know how or where to dispose of said material and or empty container.The employer just has to supply the symbols of the dangers of chemicals, and supply the msds sheets on chemicals they are using. That's it. No More No Less.The law stipulates that the labels must be on the product, a msds sheet must be presented to or be posted whereas it has easy access to emloyee, some companies go as far as giving a 10 minute lesson on the chemicals.It is actually a law that you teach the dangers to your employees but 99% of companies seem to omit that expence.

Here sits the problem that is not enforced, the msds info must be in the 2 official Canadian languages, the problem is that most maintenance cleaning people are either Mexican, Italian, Greek, Spanish, or whatever......most don't speak the language and not smart enough to remember what you told them 3 minutes ago.In Quebec the employer just has to furnish the msds sheets in French as well as the labels. In the rest of Canada the employer just has to furnish the msds sheets in English as well as the labels.

Only the supplier must label in both official languages.

Listen I can make you a bomb with cow or horse sh*t and other stuff , intellengence plays a major role in any industry you work in.

Lee where's the pic of your basement and truck load of D.F.C and EcoGent

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 11:11pm

Better yet Nightrider hire a spy and have them do it. Then you won't be able to call me a liar again and say I'm setting up the situation.

I'll allow them in anytime, with me present. Just call me first since I'm not in the shop this week , they'll have to drive me in to the shop. Or do a "pop" inspection with no notice, I don't care. Most people already know the truth, you are just a sh*tdisturber. The Ecogent is still a plenty in the shop. We need to order DFC. I have a ton of First Enviro.

I doubt we have a case of all other previously mentioned WHMIS regulated presprays combined.

I also want you to put your money where your mouth is. I have NO PROBLEM WITH ANY FIGURE YOU HAVE IN MIND!!!

As for the WHMIS, you are way off.

Employees must know the hazards they are exposed to. This means they must have the knowledge (know the WHMIS symbols), must be able to APPLY THAT KNOWLEDGE, must be supplied the proper PPE and USE IT. Must be able to read an MSDS and apply the knowledge obtained from it.

You must also have a yearly refresher. I am always amazed at how poorly the techs do when confronted with a WHMIS refresher. Your office staff must also be WHMIS trained even if they don't handle the chemicals (provided they are in the same building).

In Ontario its under the OHSA Regulation 860 Section 6&7

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 11:25pm

General........Did you not take your medication today, relax.........I don't care what you clean with.

You can clean with lemon juice and tonic water for all I care. I suppose it would be the same as D.F.C ( It supposed to be made from food substance.

As far as a sh*tdisturber, you're right........... I am.

As far as hiring a spy.........I used to be one, and I was good at it, so was my wife.

As far as the WHMIS, I don't have to argue that point, just do a search wherever you like and see for yourself.

I have all the rules and regulations, I had to put them into practise everyday, and every new employee.

Tell me where I am way off, is it the language issue, the employees just have to have a copy of the symbols and hopefully understand them, and the msds sheets in either French or English and hope they can read. The employer must hold a class to teach of the chemicals they will be using and hope they remember.

That's it in a nutshell.

Nightrider

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 1:11am
General Lee are you pulling crap out of a hat......you said "

In Ontario its under the OHSA Regulation 860 Section 6&7

I looked everywhere for that, FOUND NOTHING, except some stuff regarding lead paint. Then searched further .......only came up with new installation of equipment in the workplace under those sections.

I called a lawyer friend in mississauga, she did a fast search with no results.

Can you please post that osha 860 section 6 & 7 info.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 1:34am

;you called your lawyer at midnight or later???

I smell something

A.K.A.
Andy
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 1:51am

No, I was already talking to her for almost an hour, I called at 10:30 and was clicking on KleenKuip at the same time & after reading Lee's post I asked her if she knew what it was all about.

She is also helping me to set up shop in the GTA 

She is a friend, not a hired lawyer.

I don't make up stories, just to post scrambled words.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/December/2005 at 10:52am

Its in the OH&S Act of Ontario

Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System

R.R.O 1990, Reg 860, as am. O. Reg 36/93.

In my older copy I keep on my desk its page 598.

Where you are off is that they must be able to understand what to do and what to be careful of. They must be able to "apply their knowledge" with the information they have been provided.

Section 9(3)-An employer shall ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, that the program of worker instruction required by subsection (1) results in the workers being able to use the information to protect their health and safety.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>