Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Vacuuming after encap question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAWHIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacuuming after encap question
    Posted: 20/December/2005 at 2:16pm
Do you vacuum before you leave an ecap job or let it totally dry and tell the customer to vacuum? I'm just out of the nest with this op-ing and encaping. I'm thinking about switching from bonnet to op method. Thanks for helping me decide. Also, Does encaping dry as fast as op? Doesn't vacuuming damp carpet clog the vacuum cleaner with fuzz or get the bag wet? Sorry for too many Questions.

Edited by RAWHIDE
Sponsored Links

RAWHIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAWHIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2005 at 9:59pm
Does anybody care
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2005 at 11:05pm

Encap products have to dry to encapsulate the soil for more efficient vacuuming.  So yes let it dry before vacuuming.  

As far as drying times go encap is the only OP I've tryed so can't help you there.  Sorry.

CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

RAWHIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAWHIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2005 at 11:37pm
Preeshatit. I just wondered about leaving the job with swirly marks.
papagator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2005 at 4:55pm
Yes Rawhide, I agree with Advantage... I think you have to wait 24hrs for the product to fully crystallize. I think both methods dry approx. the same. If the customer is really upset about the swirly marks, tell them it is only temporary and that vacuuming will take them out... also, tell them the swirls are proof that you have actually done something to the carpets and aren't charging for something you didn't do.... just a suggestion.
just swimmin in circles
RAWHIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAWHIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2005 at 7:57pm
Good deal, thanks papagator
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2005 at 10:31am

Most products do require cure time, usually 24 hours, Clean-N-Vac does not however and can be vac'd as soon as dry.

I NEVER leave swirl marks in carpet and if they can not tell you CLEANED it, then something is wrong with the cleaning.

TO post vac "groom" the carpet is part of the job.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
papagator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2005 at 5:46pm
'Smatter Padman? No sense o' humor? Obviously a little tongue-in-cheek was implied by my post.
just swimmin in circles
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2005 at 9:57am
SMATTER???
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2005 at 11:57am

doesn't anyone own a grandi groomer?

the vacuuming is the only extraction going on isn't it?

I'd have trouble skipping it

A.K.A.
Andy
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2005 at 1:38pm
Only because you don't understand.... glasses won't help on this one Steaming Pile
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2005 at 6:26pm

them swirling rags are very complex

I mean really John,you have to admit the vacuuming IS a huge factor when OPing wouldn't you say??

encap is still something I'm inexperienced with I'll admit...........but mostly because I found the results to be poor-mediocore at best

Edited by Steaminpile
A.K.A.
Andy
papagator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papagator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 9:22am
Padman.... 'smatter is short for what's the matter..say it s..l..o..w..l..y LOL just foolin with ya.
just swimmin in circles
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2005 at 2:05pm
Oh sorry, kind of like ebonics eh?  :~)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>