Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

On call

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hilborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On call
    Posted: 30/March/2004 at 1:35am

Who offers employees bonuses to be on call.

What works better for motivation - profit sharing, cash bonus or increase in salary?

Sponsored Links

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 12:41am
I personally like cash
People & Standards You Can Trust
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/April/2004 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Scott Hilborn Scott Hilborn wrote:

What works better for motivation - profit sharing, cash bonus or increase in salary?

1) People on call have to be compenstaed to be available after hours weather they are called in or not.

2) People called out after hours should be paid over time as I would hope you are charging a premium for emergency services.

3) Different situations call for different pay scales.  Some employees do not want to work emergency calls. Emergency after hours is not for everyone.  Some insurance companies want a certified tech at the seen again this must show on your invoice.  I had better quit before some claims I am wasteing space.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 12:03am
no no doug continue...this is valuable information...don't be shy we know you know a lot....I'm learning just by watching...never new about the digital picture thing.... Never knew that insurance companies actually wanted an Certified Tech on site.....I always us my Certification when dealing with insurance companies, otherwise you have problems with the claims...I know state farm gives a hard time if your not certified
People & Standards You Can Trust
Scott Hilborn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hilborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2004 at 3:14am
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Originally posted by Scott Hilborn Scott Hilborn wrote:

1) People on call have to be compenstaed to be available after hours weather they are called in or not.

2) People called out after hours should be paid over time as I would hope you are charging a premium for emergency services.

3) Different situations call for different pay scales.  Some employees do not want to work emergency calls. Emergency after hours is not for everyone.  Some insurance companies want a certified tech at the seen again this must show on your invoice.  I had better quit before some claims I am wasteing space.

Your talking about the obveious Doug.

Point 1 - of course people have to be compensated - but how?

Point 2 - yes - but is time and a half or double time enogh?

Point 3 - In a legit restoration company all response flood tech's that get dispatched are certified, and are prepared to go. Those who are not are in the wrong work field and non of this applicable.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2004 at 8:12am
Scott Hilborn:  Lets talk the obveious.  It's their "FRIGEN JOB." How much more sugar coated do you need than that?  In a legit restoratiion company all response flood techs dispached are certified .  What apple cart did you fall off of?  That is the biggest pile of crap I have heard for quite some time.   You are lucky in most comapnies if the crew chief is even certified.  I guess when you hire you must make it clear all water losses will tkae place between 8 & 5 so if something happens after hours you get a sucker and a pat on the head for being a good boy or girl and helping.  Does that sound about right to you Scott???Guitar
Just My opinion
Scott Hilborn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hilborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2004 at 9:15pm

No that does not sound right at all Doug. To myself and many this is not just a "FRIGEN JOB" If I thought all water losses took place between 8 & 5 there would be no need for an on-call system or the question I asked of how to motivate people for being on-call. I guess Ive always been lucky to work for companies who invest in there employees education with IICRC courses.

just my opinon

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2004 at 10:24pm
Scott:  I think you will have it sit down with your people and come up with something that is going to be satisfactory to all involved.  Everybody is not going to be happy with holidays and long weekends but every body has to be on call when disaster strikes.  Most professions now have people on pagers some get standby some get time off not all your employees may want the same, some may want time off, some may want money and some may want both.  This is when a company policy will kicks in and you have to include your emergency staff on which way they want itGuitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply