Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Do you guys move furniture?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2005 at 10:20pm
Thks cmaster.
We also don't move pianos, fish tanks and ming vases.
We find that the customers will move anything that they don't want broken and the stuff the ways more than a bull rhino, we leave.
If we can't get it out, it ain't coming out!
Kelowna Cleanpro
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2005 at 12:15am
That should be everyones policy. No one needs to get hurt doing this job
thermedix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thermedix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2005 at 11:25pm

Great Topic!  I, like most of the others, do not move large furniture, if the customer wants a couch or chair moved, no biggie, If the customer insists on everything being moved I get them to sign a waver that states I am not responsible for anything damaged, and they pay the big bucks. Time is money.. 

LETS' CLEAN UP THE DIRT IN THIS TOWN!!

It`s not how far you fall...it`s how high you bounce back up...
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 2:40am

You know guys I waited to see what you would all post to this thread before I would put my 2 cents in...........Frankly I don't understand you guys, you're bickering on what pieces you move, according to value, weight, waiver signing, replacement cost, are you all nuts.........when I started carpet cleaning in 1985 up until last year when I sold all my commercial janitorial accounts.....................WE AS A COMPANY NEVER MOVED SO MUCH AS A STUFFED ANIMAL ON THE RUG.

Area had to be FREE of clutter 100%, any furniture left in the room .........we went around, including platform beds, dressers,night table even a coat rack.

Movers don't clean carpets, Carpet Cleaners don't move furniture, neither do painters..........start that crap and you'll be re-decorating their house.

MOVE  NOTHING, HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR YOUR PROFESSION AND AS A BUSINESSMAN...........JUST TRY CALLING A ROOFER AND TELLING HIM TO CLEAN UP YOUR YARD AND DRIVEWAY OF ALL THE NAILS HE LEFT

Nightrider

hardworkers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardworkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 11:28am

nightrider, I may change my idea on moving furn. Only because I was PO'ed when the roofers left a few nail on the drive way but realy the worst place of debris was in the attic. .

do it right once
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 1:55pm
Did they put the shingles on the inside??  I hate when that happens?
Just My opinion
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 5:27pm

Talking about roofs, what I'm going to tell you is the truth, I watched him do it and saw the end result.

Years ago, one of my neighbours built a storage shed ( Cabano in Quebec ) and put two sepetate layers of shingles............His reasoning was that in 5 or 10 years, shingles will be more expensive and when the top layer dries up and becomes brittle, he just has to remove it and have a fresh new layer already installed........true story,

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
hardworkers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardworkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 7:56pm

Doug,

no nails were found in the attic but millions of wood splinters.

do it right once
kelpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 11:23pm
I don't think I would call the roofer to clean up the yard and driveway because I would let the loser leave untill it was clean.

YOU tell at 75 year old lady with a bad foot to move HER furniture and see if she, or any of her children or or any of her children's children, or any of her friends children, or any of her friends children's children, or ANYBODY that she  mets, knows or even dates, call you to clean their carpets again, EVER.

I'm not a big, or strong man but to move a couch or chair at the request of a customer is NO SWEAT OFF MY BUTT.

But then again, I prefer to build my business through referials and have happy customers that will jump at the chance to tell their friends that we moved and cleaned their carpets....

but that is just me.
If we can't get it out, it ain't coming out!
Kelowna Cleanpro
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2005 at 12:03am
furniture sliders are my friend
A.K.A.
Andy
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2005 at 1:06am

Originally posted by Steaminpile Steaminpile wrote:

furniture sliders are my friend

Yours and everyone else's 

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2005 at 1:40am
but not my only friends
A.K.A.
Andy
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2005 at 2:24am

Kelpro........thats very nice of you to keep the elderly in mind and move all her house around if she asks........but that is not the point........you are running a business and if 1 or 2 little old ladies a day stop you from making an extra $ 200. to $ 400. per day because of lost downtime.........then an extra charge is in order for the service..........you talk about her friends, her family and kids calling you to clean their house..........soon you'll have 100 customers to redecorate homes for.........My opinion is that you're all running a Mickey Mouse operation, and making NO MONEY at the end of it all........you're all so afraid to lose a customer or 2 so you kiss everybodies ass........let them kiss your ass and tell them the area must be clear in order to properly clean their carpet

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2005 at 11:25am

kiss my................

MOST customers are very good and move everything

I find it's mostly the rich and elderly that don't move much

just a couple of weeks ago I was at a fancy schmancy home and noticed they had moved a whole lotta f all,I was ready to leave

I told the customer it was ridiculous and I was going to have to charge extra for the extra hour it was going to take

they didn't mind

A.K.A.
Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>