Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Residential tile and grout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardworkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Residential tile and grout
    Posted: 30/September/2005 at 10:15am

I know many experienced cleaners recommend 1000PSI for cleaning commerial tile and grout. But it it possible to clean with 500PSI in a residental bathroom or kitchen counter top?

I was looking at a few T&G wands' and some say operate only 650-3000PSi but can I chage out the jets to run 500psi effectively?

I just wanna add a service to my business and do a decent job.

do it right once
Sponsored Links

Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2005 at 3:31pm

You want to start out with a lower PSI (~500) and work up until you reach good results.  I'm usually around 900-1000.  BE CAREFUL!  Too much PSI on loose grout and you will blow it out.  THIS IS BAD!

You want to be able to go up to 1200 when you need it.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2005 at 5:50pm

Most grout cleaning tools require at least 1000 PSI just to spin their jets. 500 PSI just won't cut it.

You may as an alternative want to look at an OP Machine that cleans more by mechanical action as opposed to pressure. Then you will also be able to clean high-end dry cleaning of carpet at higher profits.

hardworkers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardworkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2005 at 12:03am

Yeah,

I was looking into a hard floor machine or OP. Can't justify a hybid machine that would do both carpet and tile, that can do 1200PSI as a portable.

Thanks!

do it right once
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2005 at 1:11am

Dennis seems to know alot about T&G

the only time I cleaned it I rented a little machine that looks like a  GLS

it would pick up the crud and I would have to dump it now and then but it worked awesome

I have to wonder if these spinners and such are necessary when you can use good chems ,a mop  and a scrubber instead and achieve good results

A.K.A.
Andy
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2005 at 5:53pm
Agitation.  Move across a floor to fast and you'll see the effect.  Where ever the jet doesn't blast doesn't get clean.
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

OHIOCLEANER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OHIOCLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2005 at 8:44pm

HOW DO YOU GUYS GET PRESSURE THAT HIGH???!?!? 

IM NEW TO THE FORUM SO BARE WITH ME.....

I HAVE A HYDRAMASTER CDS 4.8 and i can not turm the pressure past 600 pounds or it will be in the red.   WOULD YOU NOT RECOMEND CLEANING TILE AND GROUT WITH THIS MACHINE?  I've been cleaning tile and grout for about a year now but only do about 5 jobs/week.  It usually cleans up great but sometimes blotchy.  I use hydramaster's QUAKE as a prespray, let it set in for 5 minutes, scrub the grout with a grout brush, then go over it with the hydro-force sx12.  ANY RECOMENDATIONS?

Thanks,

Mike

spruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2005 at 11:11pm
A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood
hardworkers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardworkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2005 at 11:34pm
do it right once
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2005 at 11:43pm
The GPM is too low. Not enough volume. Should be at least 4 for some good flow
EmpireMike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 1:20am
you can use a lower psi if you change the tips on the end of your tool similar to changing the end on a powerwashing gun.  we find anywhere from 500 up works great with the right tip

Chris_787 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris_787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2006 at 10:27pm
You can still clean fine with 500 psi... 500 will still spin a turbo tool (i sure does mine) but I think in the 1000 psi range you're actually pressure washing the grout and loosening up grime that otherwise wouldn't come out.

When you get lower pressures it ends up being more of a rinsing and it's the chemicals and the scrubbing agitation that did most of the work.
STEAM KING View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAM KING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2006 at 11:15pm
Do you know how much in U.S. dollars booster pump costs and where can I get it? Also will it work in conjunction with my truckmount.
Mo fo yo money View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mo fo yo money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2006 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by OHIOCLEANER OHIOCLEANER wrote:

HOW DO YOU GUYS GET PRESSURE THAT HIGH???!?!? 

IM NEW TO THE FORUM SO BARE WITH ME.....

I HAVE A HYDRAMASTER CDS 4.8 and i can not turm the pressure past 600 pounds or it will be in the red.   WOULD YOU NOT RECOMEND CLEANING TILE AND GROUT WITH THIS MACHINE?  I've been cleaning tile and grout for about a year now but only do about 5 jobs/week.  It usually cleans up great but sometimes blotchy.  I use hydramaster's QUAKE as a prespray, let it set in for 5 minutes, scrub the grout with a grout brush, then go over it with the hydro-force sx12.  ANY RECOMENDATIONS?

Thanks,

Mike

I am also thinking of getting into tile ang grout.  I  have a Hydramaster CDS like yours.  I cranked mine up last week and only got about 600 psi.  I called Interlink Supply in Greensboro NC.  They said that they could make a quick and easy adjustment that would take it up around 1000.  That's all the details I have for now.  If I make the trip to have it done, I'll let you know how it goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>