Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

flood work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flood work
    Posted: 25/March/2004 at 10:31pm

Looking to build the best flood truck .Water extraction only .What would you build?and how? BLOWER ENGINE ETC.Thanks Terry.

PLS KEEP IT SIMPLE ,NOT SO NIMBLE .LOL

Sponsored Links

Scott Hilborn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hilborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2004 at 9:03pm

Terry why water extraction only? Having fresh water on your truck rules!

I would recomend a cube van for floods. I can send you some pictures of my truck if you like.

Scott

terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2004 at 9:13pm

I do sub work for  one company.

Run a bruin 2  to clean for them  and flood work,witch is fine for now.

But here in Montreal we have really cold times in Jan ,Feb lots of broken pipers .

Would like to put just a flood truck on the road for them.

Because i have missed about 20 jobs this year.

But don't want to spend the money on a full truck .

Would not to able to keep it working all year round.

What i mean is too much work for one ,but not enought for two.

Thanks Terry

Edited by terry
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 9:02am
Maybe one of those big flood pumps the ones with a gas engine...almost like a honda generator.
People & Standards You Can Trust
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 11:06am
Terry: Unless you have a fleet of trucks there is a down side to having just a flood truck if you are a small operator like myself.  What happens if while extracting warter you have to doe some powerwashing?  We use our trucks and powerwash and extract.  I ran bruin II 's for a few years went threw alot of belts but still a good unit.  You would be better off either replacing the bruin and using it for a spare or for overflow or purchase a used unit.  But I think you need the flexabiltiy to be able to turn that flood truck into a cleaning machine.  Other options flood sucker portable or a drain vac.  This is of cource just my opinion  good luck with ever you decide.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 3:13pm

How to keep it simple.

Purchase  a Ninja Flood Master. This unit will pump and suck 30 gallons per minute non stop continuously. And will double as a carpet cleaning machine. It is on this site.

terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 9:15pm

Thanks guys.

Ted i'll call you about the flood master.I was the one calling from Montreal about the pto.

Shop at  fourniture select .Vincent Begin , he does not have them .Think it's more in line for me then a second truck.

P.S what would a bruin  2 suck a min?. If we have a guy dumping .We also have a pump out from pc what would that pump??.Thanks Terry

pss Talked you're self out of  one more  truck sale 

Edited by terry
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 5:58pm

Terry,

Another idea is to purchase a used #4 or #5 blower for approx. $1,200.00
Purchase a drive shaft PTO with clutch for another $1,500.00 install a recovery tank with or without and auto pump out.
Have it all installed and you will have a slick vac water flood pick up unit.
Total approx. cost installed maybe $5,000.00 to $6,000.00

Five serious floods should give you that return.

Or you being in Montreal could rent one of nightriders hoses and wands since he can use three off of his truck and generally only uses one.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 6:21pm

Ted:  Ihave to disagree. Wasteing $5000. or $6000 on a mish mash not my idea of a fix.  Don't forget to add another $5000 or $6000 for the truck. You can buy a used cd unit in the truck for less than that. You can also add another few bucks for hoses and wands.

We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2004 at 11:16pm
Have you got your basics covered..I.e.....Airmovers, Lgr's and so on?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 8:14am
Mr. Matthew N. Lozecki., ASD, WRT CDT International Inc., CAT Director of Network Development:  I guess your idea of basics and mine are different.  I guess you go directly to Airmovers. lgr's and so on?  I prefer to remove the standing water first which what this post is all about?? I guess we have had different training??Do you just instruct and reccommend go directly to drying equipment, water extraction is not necessary when airmovers and lgr's are in place?  Does it take you any longer to evaporate the standing water? Guitar
Just My opinion
We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:25am

It was a simple question.

I was only wondering if you were building a complete truck kit with everything.

Sorry

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:58am
Originally posted by We Dry We Dry wrote:

It was a simple question.

I was only wondering if you were building a complete truck kit with everything.

Sorry

What would complete truck consist of?Guitar

Just My opinion
We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:09am

Extractor, wand/hydro X vac, lgr's, airmovers, hoses, attachments, cleaning solutions etc. Somthing along those lines.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>