Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Installing A Truckmount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing A Truckmount
    Posted: 19/July/2005 at 5:43pm

I want to buy a slide in TM and I am wondering if I can just order it and install it myself or do I need to go to a dealer and have it installed ?

How does the gas flow work ?

What about exhaust ?

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 9:10pm
Why would you want to install your own tm?
Just My opinion
checkmate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 9:34pm

Because the closest dealer is four hours away !!

And I hate express ways.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 9:59pm

your going to need to get to know that machine..... because if you have a break down thats a long way to drive while someone waits at home with unfinished wet carpet

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by checkmate checkmate wrote:

Because the closest dealer is four hours away !!

And I hate express ways.

I have  always had it that way. Just no freeways?

Just My opinion
checkmate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 10:50pm

Did you have yours installed ?

Does the exhaust run inside the van or can you vent it out ?

Does the motor have its own gas tank or does it use the vans ?

I know these are dum quistions that I can ask the sales people ?

But I like to gather as much info that I can because the sales people seem to just say anything if they think it will make you happy.

They will say there machines are the best all others are junk !

They will say you can run 600 feet of hose, then you get and find that you may run 100 feet of hose. I am tourn between two machines the hydramaster spitfire 3.2 and the Panther 15. I heard that the 1990s hydramasters had problems with there heating systems on there machines that caused a domino effect self-destruct effect on the machines I dont know. Now a days I here that there good and easy to fix.

But seeing how the Panther would have to be orderd from texas and the destributer in detroit does not answer there phone.

I assume that I will go with the spitfire it has a 16 horse brigs motor and a 1000 psi pump, a Tuthill Pneumatics Competitor Plus 3003 blower, I am wondering if this machine will effectivly run 250 feet of hose, and is that going to be all right to do middle class size houses say about 3500 sq feet, any input would be apreciated I am not a very good speller or typer. I feel like I am doing moris code on a ham radio here. It took me an hour and a half to type this with one finger and a thume. I have Read as much as I could of Your guys letters here Good stuff ! A Lot of good stuff here.

But any way let me know 10-4

checkmate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 10:55pm
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 11:05pm

Answers

I have installed units.  But with the fuel hookups now and other problems I would let the distributer install the unit.  a good distributer will go over everything with you regarding the installation.

The unit will have it's own exhaaust and will vent out your van door.

Usually you will draw gas from the van's gas tank.  The last new van I ordered it with a fuel attachment on the fuel tank. Made fuel line installation a breeze.  You can put in a separare tank But I think mounting it safley is the big problem.

I am no expert I have only used Pro Chem units all 6 of them.  But I am sure you will get many words of advice regarding your purchase.  Good luck.

Guitar

Just My opinion
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2005 at 10:14pm

the install is usually FREE

why do it yourself???

you'll spend more having it delivered

I didn't even read them all but with all the questions you obviously shouldn't be doing it yourself

It's an 8 hour drive to any TM distributor for me

A.K.A.
Andy
checkmate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2005 at 10:52pm

Yes Steaminpile,

I will have it installed, I was looking at the hydramaster spitfire 3.2

Now with the advise I got from doug, I am now looking at the Prochem Blazer XL , Seems that it might be a better machine.

One of my concerns, is the problem of the machine freezing up during winter. I am shocked that they dont make a chemical that would combat that. But I guess landing on the moon was easier. I heard that some people put heaters in there trucks so thats what I will do.

I do appreciate and value your advice greatly. Any more input that you may have I will appreciate also.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2005 at 11:04pm
coolant ...run through the system..
www.mr-steamer.com
checkmate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2005 at 11:05pm
Antifreez ?
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2005 at 11:40pm
Windshield washer fluid......run it through your pump system before you put your TM to bed at night.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2005 at 12:20am
Or park it in a heated facility
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>