Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

op vs hwe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 1:09pm

Also Stevareno, he is a post from one of OUR OP users.... read closely my friend.

RE: Took a hit on the Canadian BBS
Posted by
randy royer on August 09, 2005 - 12:59 PM - 68.100.57.53

I must admit I still do feel the need to defend my decesion to purchase 2 truckmounts,even though The LAST ONE I will ever own was recently sold.The money I "invested" in truckmounts would have easily purchased a summer home,a used FERRARI,or made a heck of a contribution to my retirement program.Since going low moisture my cost have dropped,referrals have gone up,the amount of time I spend doing Non-revenue producing equipment maintence has desappeared,the training time for new hires has dropped by more than half,and most important my net(Randy gets to keep Money) has skyrocketed).John if you had to live with the nightmares of being a truckmount operation for just a couple of years, you would understand why Truckmounters sometimes seem defensive.(getting beyound the emotional issues can be though LOL).They have made the decesion to allow their operation to become a fixed cost,high overhead,complicated business.They are locked into a "in the box Iam trapped "mentality.There is no healing that untill one admits THERE IS A BETTER WAY,that happens to be more profitable.With respect to low moisture cleaning taking longer,that is a joke.Often it takes less time and hardly ever longer.We switched truckmount customers (both commercial & residentual ) with no problem,which shocked me.I wish I would have admitted this to my self earlier.The only time we hwe now is for serious urine contamination(where we are using OSR) or restaurants(agitation with counter-rotating brush rinse with steamon demons.
Sincerely,
Randy Royer
Reformed truckmount only cleaner
Rehabilitated and profitable for 3 years now,after 11 years of truckmount"issues" and several years of truckmount detachment therapy.For those trying to kick the Habit of truckmount dependancy-take it one day at a time.It does get easier.
P.S. John poking fun at anyone with an addiction is unacceptable,defending op is right up there with defending why you are not an acholic or don't shoot heroine.(in some cases,TMDS/Truckmount Dependancy Syndrome is more expensive.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 1:27pm

Padman ...has a way of BS'ing that is better than all

He took courses in Brain washing

Don't take him to task...he'll just posts novels and novels of information

www.mr-steamer.com
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 1:29pm

Hey Steamer, expected your reply.

Negative as always, not from experience but from hurt feelings I suppose.

I back up what I say Steamer, contrary to your naive attacks at someting you know NOTHING about.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 1:40pm

It doesn't really matter to me... I wish all well in their endeavors....

I just like to stir the pot...

Padman I like you, and I just like to see you post...lol

Really we are all on the same team, it's the cleaning carpet team.

I'd buy an OP tommorrow.  I'll try anything that will help me do a better job for my customers.

Deep in my heart I know all that are here strive for the best, and Padman is one of those people.

I'm just a post whore...lol

www.mr-steamer.com
Harry View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 1:47pm

Steve, I have been in this biz for over 25 years and run a 6 tm biz in Winnipeg. I now have an OP machine in each of our main Res trucks, My Techs were very skeptical at first and then started fighting over the one unit we started with. We run two man crews and so now both techs are fully occupied cleaning carpet and production has increased by one job per day.  We no longer turn down condos in high rises and all stairs are done with OP because it is far and away the best method for stairs. We had for years trained our customers on the superiority of TM's and so only suggested to offer a demo to our repeat customers. About half of our Residential work is done with OP system now. We also do about 10,000 sq feet per night with either Cimex or John's commercial OP machine the Brute. Some Apartment block owners no have told us "do not use truck mount system in our buildings".

Customers are happy, techs are happy and costs and reservices are down. I'm happy since prices are up and profit is up.

Just don't bother with any phantom OP machine from Calgary made by a guy with no knowledge of this system that was developed, tested and researched by Padman for over thirty years.

Steamer doesn't have a clue and doesn't have the imagination to get out of the box he's been for so long. Change is tough for some. Stirring the pot is Steamers only experize, lol

Good luck.....oh and Oil just hit a new high with predictions of triple the current prices within two years....think about that with your tm only biz.

Edited by Harry
Be Juan in a Million - be a Leatherwright.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 2:12pm

Steamer, you KNOW I love a good firey debate, and yes you are an expert at stirring the pot..

On that, my compliments..

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 2:31pm

Harry

This is a very good educational Post especially coming from a person who is cleaning and not selling equipment.  No hype here only excellent advise to help profitability and satisfying customers.

Harry did you see the post I put in last week, indicating that I have sold a customer an op machine who operates a Vortex? He was dumbfounded on how much soil was on the pad after he Vortex a house.

Harry View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 4:50pm

Thanks Ted, I hope you're having a good summer.

I guess that must the Wizard as he's the only Canadian I know with a Vortex, sounded like a magic trick to sell OP to a Vortex man, lol. Obviously he has an open mind.

Steve, if you were to talk to any old timers you would know that there was a lot of resistance to HWE by the Foamers who ruled the roost back then. HWE didn't take over in a just a year or two. OP won't either. I know both Joey and John, they work across the street from each other and ordinarily I'd say that you have a point but in this instance if Joey knew about this he wouldn't be bothered.

Another thing about having both systems on my trucks is that if there is any problem with the tm ( no gas, broken belt etc) we can keep going with OP equipment. Also when we run into a really trashed hallway we can (for an extra charge) pre-scrub with the OP machine and then complete the job with a wand.  SInce I have employees, we still have a few re-services - usually wicking and now all re-services are done by one man with an OP machine, so no tm's are tied up doing re-service work, bonus.

We can also, though we have not yet got into this yet, do ceramic and wood floors.

Last point is that for the first time this winter I will be able to park my trucks and only use OP with no worries about major damage to my tm's from being stuck, stalled or in an accident in freezing cold weather.

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 5:39pm

Harry

Ted was referring to Mike The Cleaning Guy's Vortex.......he was the first person in Ontario to purchase one.

Click this link for Vortex pictures  http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1509& KW=vortex&TPN=1

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Harry View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 6:07pm
So now there's two, what Ontario coming too ?

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2005 at 6:41pm

We have sold Brutes and commercial Breeze's to Vortex users, yes they DO like the additional soil removal and are quite surprised by it.

We recently sold a couple more and are waiting for feedback on them.

Great post Harry.. good to have users jump in, just because I sell the system they think I am full of it, I am FULL of it, just not about OP cleaning.

Edited by PadMan
stevareno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevareno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2005 at 12:31pm

Padman,

Thank you for the response.   I really didn't mean to come across as having a chip on my shoulder.  I just needed some straight answers about how this system works.  To be completely honest, I've been debating buying another truckmount but I may consider another option.  This tm was going to exclusively clean commercial areas (mostly hotels)..  Do commercial establishments accept op cleaning as a thorough method of cleaning interior fabrics or do they look at it as more of a routine maintainance program between steam cleaning?  Also, do you pre-vacuum the carpets, op clean, and then vacuuum again?

I'm not that far from Lexington Padman.. I'm in Campbellsville Ky.  I would be interested in seeing this system in action.  In some ways, I can see allot of advantages of op over hwe (particuliarly the drying time).  I would have of normally looked at OP cleaning as a less effective process used by individuals who couldn't fork out the money for good equipment, but I will admit that you got my attention when you mentioned having a tm that you didn't use. 

Steve

smitty58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2005 at 7:38am
I knew nothing about carpet cleaning until a co-worker told me about getting his carpet cleaned with a "buffer" (his words). I researched it to death then I called Padmans company and set up a visit. My son and I drove the 2 hours to Versailles Ky ,met with Don who showed us everything we needed to know about OP. I took a piece of carpet with me to try and clean. To my amazement it came clean in seconds. So long story short we bought a Conqueror and brought it home. I was anxious to try it out on my home so I followed the directions Don had gave us and within 45 minutes start to finish my living room ,hall, and 3 bedrooms were clean and looking great. I even impressed the wife (which isn't always easy). So for anyone thinking about this type of cleaning I would suggest going to see it for yourself ,you can look at the pictures and watch the videos which are great ,but seeing is believing. Thanks Padman and thank your people for me ,they were great.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2005 at 12:15pm
Great posts.. All tools have their place and great to have.. I've never tried OP but have rotary, porty and TM... Geez.. I better sell the TM and porty and get 5 OP's....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12