Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Area rugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Area rugs
    Posted: 24/March/2004 at 5:01pm

Do you do area rugs in the customers house or take them away

for cleaning?

Steamdragon the hotter the better.
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:06am

I tell people who ask me about area rugs is that they should always send out to a cleaning plant.  It's generally better and safer.

If I had new techs working for me and an area rug had to be done, I would choose for safety reasons (The Pad Mans system).

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 9:17am
We will clean them in the home, however if they are in tough shape we have them sent out to be vat cleaned.
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:24pm
we clean them in the home as well.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:38pm

I'll do them in the house dry clean.....but you can make good money taking them out....1.50 per sq ft is the going rate...and you can get them cleaned for about 25-35 cents per sq ft...

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:44pm

For those of you who are cleaning in your customer's house you must mean  throe rugs 3 X5 2 X 4 etc certainly not 8 X 10 or 9 X 12 wool rugs not in their house.  When we are contacted regarding loose rugs they are usually on hardwood.  We use mats to clean upholstery on hardwood so we certainly would not clean a rug on hardwood.  We shoulod respect for our clients home.  We take them to our shop where we charge up to a $1.25 per sq. ft. to clean them.  Some people donot want them removed so we will clean them in another area off the floor.   You people must be clean olifin rugs from walmart if you are cleaning on location regardless of system.  How do you do an 8 foot oval both sides on location?

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 8:38pm
two weeks ago i did 8 wool rugs 5x7 to 9x12s(bleeders) on hardwood with dry powder 1.50 per sq. great job too customer was very pleased. as far as oval rugs if they want both sides done they hang it outside to dry.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 9:25pm
Where are you guys finding all these so called bleeders.  Are you sure they are not crocking?  I still can't believe you would clean on someone's hardwood floors.  My clients would fire us on the spot if we didn't take them out regardless of what system.  Hang them outside to dry thats real professional.  You should get at least $2.00 per sq ft for that expertise. Would you hang it on the closeline or over the stair rail to the front door? Do you clean both sides of the oval on the hardwood to?  Oh I forgot you would use Host powder. 
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 10:40pm
I don't agree with doing the rugs in home...thats why you should dry clean.  But some customer insist on having them done in-home regardless of the method.
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 1:50pm
not every one does hwe doug. our process uses less water. in 14 years i've never damaged anything. and if you were listening i use host on bleeders. yes bleeders doug everyone here knows the difference between bleeding and crocking. and yes doug some of my clients hang their rugs out to dry. thats up to them, if your doing both sides of a rug your not going to put it back down on the floor, use your head man. bottom line you do what your client wants, not what you prefer.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 2:24pm
Greg : So you are HWELess???? Do you offer in plant services?  What else can your clients do but hang their rugs out when you just left them a house full of wet rugs. Oh I forgot HWELess that would mean they should already be dry when you leave.  You want to hope your clients don't find out that their rugs can br taken out, cleaned and returned or you may not have them to impress with your HWELess metbod.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 4:56pm

I don't think anyone here is stupid....of course your going to warn the customer about the hardwood underneath...some customers don't care about the hardwood.

You warn because you don't want to have to pay for it later.

Trust me you will. 

I know a lot of customers don't like to have their rugs taken out...it's an inconvenience for them.

Greg you do what ever makes your customers happy, and I'm sure your competent enough to let them know if there are any dangers.

If you wash with cold water the colors will not run.(1 free trick)

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 10:23pm

Again bad advice.

It is absolutely vital to use a cleaning solution of 4.5-5.5pH or if using a higherpH that it is not buffered.

Its alkalinity that makes the colours run.

It may not be the first cleaning or the second, maybe its the third.

Also all wool fibers have cuticles that hold and hide a ton of dirt. A wool rug should be properly dusted (industry jargon  for mechanical agitation or air pressure)before cleaning.

Any TRUE pro would insist the wool rug be taken out.

WRONG AGAIN MR. STEAMER

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 10:49pm

I think not....if you took the cec in area rug cleaning you would have seen the river washing technique...which promotes the use of cold water ...the cold water locking in the colors....

I'm sure I said something in my post that everyone understands...I don't have to fool people with big words and the Ph scale..thats grade 9 chemistry son...you are impressing no one

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>